Throw in instructions don't work

So I've got all my defenders on stay back from from attacking and defending throw ins but every time there is an attacking throw in they're all pushed right up into the box.

Anybody else notice this incredibly annoying feature? It costs me goals on the counter, sometimes.

I find the instructions work fine... until you get a throw withing 5 yards of the touchline. Tactical instruction goes out the window, which for me at least means that my 18 long throws player throws it straight to the opposing defender EVERY SINGLE TIME. things could be worse, but it's an annoying little glitch :)

Am I seriously one of the only people who notices how completely messed up the throw in system is?

I have center backs going up to take attacking throw ins for goodness sake, which leaves a RIDICULOUS amount of space to counter attack, which happens all to often.

Has this ever been addressed? Or acknowledged?

Am I seriously one of the only people who notices how completely messed up the throw in system is?

I have center backs going up to take attacking throw ins for goodness sake, which leaves a RIDICULOUS amount of space to counter attack, which happens all to often.

Has this ever been addressed? Or acknowledged?

Do you mean that they are going up towards the oppositions penalty area or that they are going up to actually take the throw in?

If its the former then all I can suggest is that you frequently check the instructions as on 11.2 the game has a habit of resetting them to default at random.

If its the latter then make sure that you have set up a list of throw in takers to ensure that your defenders don't end up taking them.

My center backs are going up to take throw ins in very attacking positions.

It's not the game changing the instructions. I always check when I see it happening.

I have never set up a list of throw in takers on any recent versions and this problem has never occurred before. I just presumed that the game wouldn't do something as ridiculous as sending up a center back to take a throw in thats two yards from there touchline. I'll set it up and see how that goes, I guess thats probably the problem.

Archived