Just another suggestion..

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before, i cant find it anywhere but maybe i didnt look hard enough.

My proposal is to be able to discuss the upcoming fixtures with the team/key personnel or even just the team captain.

For instance: I may have a seriously hard month/week/14 days coming up, a mixture of tough league ties sandwiched between european games maybe with a relatively easy league game thrown in somewhere for good measure.

I would like to be able to call a meeting to tell the players one of the following:

I would like to still be in contention for domestic glory by the end of the month

I would be happy to still be top of the league/challenging by end of game schedule but expect points to be dropped somewhere as some difficult games coming up

Expect a mixture of 6/8 points from league games <depending on amount of games etc...)

Players can expect to be rotated more frequently due to the mass of important games to be played.

Rally the players to prepare for harder/lighter training schedules in light of the games coming up.

Expect to finish top of the champ/europa league group but except league performances may vary because of this

Single out players as the ones who may lead the club to glory over the coming period.

Challenge players to claim a first team spot when givin the chance

I realise some of this is 'kinda' possible already with key players rallying the troops when nearing the end of an importanat season or whatever but i feel it could be so much more. You could be able to highlight the set of fixtures that you would like to discuss, pick out the key players as you see it, challenge the lesser ones to come in and claim a place. Then you can see the morale alter accordingly if they achieve or fail what you aske dof them. It could then also be linke to the press, so you may go public with the anouncements or have them remain private.

It may also have an adverse effect in that the teams you are playing rais e there game becuase of an apparent lack of respect due to an announcement made or due to a weakend team being played.

Just an idea that i think would add even more realism to the game. because you know what fans and opundits etc are always saying...Oh they would have taken 4 points from them 2 games given the chance or they would have taken this position before the season started. It just adds to that i think.

Discuss.

Archived