Loaning players and what to expect from 2011.

Hey guys I am new to the board and today recently gave in and ordered FM2011 from Amazon.

I have been playing 2008 now for the past couple of years and really enjoy it, though it takes up so much of my time as I guess it does with everyone. My main problem with the game though is loaning players in and out. Players over 23/24 won't go out on loan ever, no matter how many leagues I set up and attempt to send them to a feeder club or club within the same league or higher but they never move.

Now I'm hoping this has been sorted, it is probably the most frustrating part of the game for me and I am transfer happy when I take over a club and find myself with more players than I need.

What are the new things to expect in 2011? The obvious upgrades or lesser known upgrades would be cool to find out, my internet connection is pretty limited at work.

Also I am not connected to the internet, do I need to register the game online, I heard in the previous ones you had to.

One more thing..does anyone else do this. Put a real managers name in as your own - for example in 2008 in Portugal I am Andre Villas-Boa, in Spain I'm Jose Maria Bakero, in Italy Mario Somma, in France Franck Sauzee, in Czech republic I am Zdenek Zemen...pretty sad but for me it makes the game much more interesting.

thanks all and look forward to chatting to some of you.

loans are fine, I often loan out my under 18's to lower division teams without problems.

You will probably get alot of people saying that there are alot of bugs, personally i dont think its that bad but the final patch is out shortly so that will fix that up.

You dont need the internet to install etc, you just need to keep the disk in the drive to play.

Finally, here is the list of new features since 08: (all taken from wiki)

FM2009: The main new feature to the game is the 3D match engine. This can now be watched fullscreen, with a widescreen option available. Other features include being able to play as a female or male manager, improvements to the interaction between the manager and his assistant manager, improved mid-match team talks and tactics, training players to have preferred moves and transfer rumours. The player rating will have a decimal point, eg. 6.8 or 8.3 instead of 7 or 8. There will also be press conferences, where you can build up a rapport with the journalists, and the finance and transfer systems have been completely reworked. The game is set to feature more players than ever before, with over 350,000 in the database at the time of the game's announcement.

FM2010:The game's developers have expanded on the 3D match engine first introduced in Football Manager 2009, with more animations, stadia, and even pitch degradation. There will be the ability to "shout" from the touchline to change tactics.

The database editor has also received an upgrade, the stand-out feature of which is the option to add new divisions to existing leagues or to add entirely new leagues to a game database. Users can then, for example, make the English league system fully playable right down to its lowest tier (up to level 20), making it the first football management game capable of doing so, or they could make a league for a nation whose league is not normally playable, or even make their own entirely new league, such as a "super league".

FM2011: On the 11 August 2010, Sports Interactive published a video announcing a number of new features that will be included in Football Manager 2011.[4] This video announced the following features:

Agents roles have been enhanced; there will be five types of agents that negotiate contracts. Some will give you a blank page for negotiations, while others will ask for too much and others will be more sensible.

A number of features as well as the design of the box had previously been leaked on the 23 July 2010, before any official announcements were made by Sports Interactive and SEGA. Sports Interactive Studio Director Miles Jacobson confirmed that some of the leaked information was accurate and some was not.[5]

Other features that were posted on the Mirror Football blog from Miles Jacobson include:

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new user interface, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.[6]

Match analysis improvements – Lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show all of the players match actions at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately.[7]

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.[8]

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.[9]

B-Team & Amateur revamp – Due to lots of feedback from our community, particularly from Spanish and Danish users, regarding the way that B teams and amateur work in the game compared to real life, we’ve had a revamp on the way they work to make them more accurate than ever before.[8]

I hope thats of some help, welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the board. i will try to answer some of your questions but due to still being at work at the moment the answers may be pretty limited.

loaning out players seems to be much easier on FM11. i am currently managing AC Milan and had no trouble loaning out youngsters and older players who i dont require. Some players still refuse to go to certain temas for whatever reason btu i have never had a player who wont go out on loan to any club so far.

The most obvious upgrade for FM11 is the dynamic league reputation. The basic premise of this is that you can now start of in a relatively low rep league and depending on your success in europe you can increase the leagues rep allowing you to attract better players to your league nad actually being able to keep your star players and not lose them to biggger clubs. obviously this process wont happen overnight and takes a fair bit of time.

You dont need to register FM11 online. You can play it with just the disc, though you have to have the disc in your disc drive all the time you are playing FM11.

I dont name myself after known manager. i am pretty sure i remeber some people saying they did though and i have read some people creat false personalitys and names for there manager and manage based on the created peronality. Also some people have actually stated that they dress up in there suit for when they have a cup final and the like. It is not sad it is just FM.

welcome to the board again and hope you have fun exploring the various areas.

Edit: beat to it by aussieant32 who explains things a lot better than i did

Nice one guys, the missus has put the game away until April for my birthday but 2008 still getting a play.

I'm hoping players over a certain age are easier to loan out. I just picked up Wilfred Dalmat for Hibernian. He is useless and hasn't settled and I want to send him out to a championship club or french club but he is not having it at all.

What I hoped though was with the B teams in Spain and elsewhere you would have the oppurtunity to manage these clubs -Barcelona B, Castilla etc, not sure if you can do that. Even reserve teams.

I'm looking forward to this way too much, that is a bad sign.

Archived