Impressive old players

I've just started playing Juventus for fun. I've to say im very impressed by Del Piero's performance on the pitch despite his declining physical attributes. Making good passes, movement and scroring breath taking goals .

Im wondering how many of you have this kind of experience with old players?

How low will their pysical attributes drop to? I remember in past FM series their physical attributes could drop up to 5 or even 1 (mainly speed) at age 33-38. That's like walking/running with a stick lol.

I find that unrealistic because even a healthy 50 years old person who excersices every day do still have a 7 for their speed and at least a 10 for stamina.

So what kind of physical stats do your old player have?

Will they still be good enough after a season?

In real life i believe those old players will still last a couple of years until they really have to retire. Even by then their physical stats hardly be any different than now.

So maybe SI should limit the drop in physical stats for old players up to a certain degree?

there shoudnt be such a rapid decline in both physical and definitely not mental attributes which shouldn't drop at all. players should also be different declining at different rates with more top league players staying on longer

the thing that should affect older players is how tired they get during a match and how quickly they recover and obviously having a lower condition level would mean it affects attributes in the match engine.

this would mean that older players have to be used more sparingly to be at their best as in real life

What position/role do you guys play Del Piero and Totti? My old creative forwards never score that many goals.

I started the season playing the intial version of Mike Dodgson's 4-3-1-2 with tweaked set pices, since it was the most suitable formation for my team, cant really recall the exact role he had runing (dont have my roma save loaded right now), and I think both forwards was on position switching with each other

towards the end of my season i diverted back to my tried and tested 4-5-1 barca/spalletti tactic, since it was much more consistent, whenever I had players fit for it (with the youth out on loan and Menez/Vucinic as my only attacking winger options I could not use it on permanent basis early on), etherway, totti would in that case play as lone striker with the following instructions:

MessiInstructions.png

i think older players shouldn't decline so badly once they hit 30something, or tone down kids in some way that doesnt make old player obsolete..

maybe apart from true wonderkids, how about limiting young players mental stat growth rate until the player is older (25?), so that 18 year old wonderkids dont have the same sort of mental ability as experienced 30 year olds..?

i think older players shouldn't decline so badly once they hit 30something, or tone down kids in some way that doesnt make old player obsolete..

maybe apart from true wonderkids, how about limiting young players mental stat growth rate until the player is older (25?), so that 18 year old wonderkids dont have the same sort of mental ability as experienced 30 year olds..?

I agree that young players mental stats growth rate should be slowed down before age 24/25. Mostly they take the world by storm through their physical stats and technical ability.

The 33+ players physical decline should be lesser, instead make them need extra time to recuperate between games and more and more injury prone as years goes by till it seems like they cant go on any more.

Archived