Gavriil Kachalin

I just looked in the hall of fame (as I have just won my first competition, CSKA Moscow 1st in Premier Division) and found the top manager, born 1911, was a Russian by the the name of Gavriil Kachalin. He is shown as having taken Russia to win "1 World Cup".

However, Russia have never won a world cup. Why is he down as having done this??

Check in FM11 as this is in FM10.

Gavriil Kachalin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gavriil Dmitriyevich Kachalin (Russian: Гавриил Дмитриевич Качалин) (born January 17, 1911 in Moscow, Russian Empire - died May 23, 1995) was a Soviet/Russian football player and coach.

He led USSR national football team to their greatest achievements, Olympics gold medals in 1956 and European Football Championship title in 1960, and also coached them in three World Cups: 1958, 1962 and 1970

Gavriil Kachalin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gavriil Dmitriyevich Kachalin (Russian: Гавриил Дмитриевич Качалин) (born January 17, 1911 in Moscow, Russian Empire - died May 23, 1995) was a Soviet/Russian football player and coach.

He led USSR national football team to their greatest achievements, Olympics gold medals in 1956 and European Football Championship title in 1960, and also coached them in three World Cups: 1958, 1962 and 1970

Thanks for posting this - I noticed he died the day before I was born...

On topic - Russia haven't won a world cup. Why doesn't it say "major international tournament" or similar?

Hey - I just looked at the article, and his playing position is given as "manager"!

Archived