Your Most Memorable Match Which Meant Nothing...

Was it a friendly, a european group stage where you were already through or out or maybe the last game of the season when the title was already yours?

Here's my example:

http://img541.imageshack.us/i/maritimobnotsomuch.jpg/

This was my first match of my first unemployed save and TBH I was not sure how long I was gonna last but this match gave me a lot of faith. Have you got a pointless match you're willing to tell me about?

lplaying real madrid in the champions league 1st KO round, previous year barce knocked me out at this stage, 1st match ended 3-2 to real madrid at the emirates, return game i gambled, and attempted to outscore them as im hopeless at parking the bus xD

http://img828.imageshack.us/i/38759679.jpg/

to say i was gutted would be an understatement, but im proud of my boys :) beat madrid twice in the only final appearances i made in the next 8 years, both times on penalties :D

Probably this

2011/2012 Season

2-1 win against Benfica with Man United, last game of the Champions League group stage, Ajax is front of us by 1 point so I want the to win but not that much to play my best side. Second place was never threatened so I decided that I will give a fighting chance for the likes of Lindegaard, Smalling, Bebe, Cleverley, Carrick, Fabio, Macheda, Shaquiri (sp? swiss AML). We strggled at the beginning but after I switched Macheda's role to target man we started to threaten them. The second half was the most memorable performance from my 2nd / 3rd line-up ever. We won 2-1 thanks to Macheda (who did an "Aston Villa" on them, from the same position, turn and shoot :D)

Anyway I was happy my youngsters could shift into a new gear and they delivered, but Ajax did win it's match so this my youth's best game so far didn't change a thing.

Archived