FM oddball

ajc

My wife said to me tonight "when I was in bed last night and you are downstairs playing that game did you start talking to yourself?"

O.k so im almost 30 I shout at my f.m players,jump up and down when I score champions league winner and sometimes interview myself when I land aguero for 52 mil! FM has turned me into an oddball!!!

My dear boy, there is NOTHING wrong with what you do and you Sir, most certainly are NOT odd at all.

I too have to endure that annoying irritation in my life that some call 'wife'.

Only hours ago, I tried, again in vain, to talk to my wife about a wonderful new regen I'd signed.

I was so excited about him, explained why he was so good and even how he'd fit into my team...

Was she interested - no.

An hour or so later, she 'caught' me interviewing myself about that regens latest brace, was she interested, no.

There is nothing wrong with submersing yourself in this game. Boys need toys and men do too. Just different toys from when we were young.

My advice is to interview yourself more, shout more at your players and celebrate victories as if you'd won the lottery.

I remember going crazy when I came back from 3-0 down at half time to win 4-3 against Wigan in FM09 to stay up with Stoke. It was made all more special as Andy Wilkinson (Stoke born and bred) got the last minute goal from about 30 yards out from right back. My Mum and Dad rushed upstairs to see what was wrong. :D

lol you crazy bastards

We should have a video blog of all the weird stuff we do when playing FM.

what about sticking a bunch of ppl in a basement, big brother style, and have them lan fm11 for an extended period of time, and have some sort of webcast on it?

I'm 25, nearing 26 and I still talk to myself. Sometimes I comment the games like a TV broadcast, sometimes I yell at my players, sometimes I get very excited when my players score an important goal. And...I sometimes hold press conferences by myself, when I'm on the toilet. So I think it's pretty average for a FM player to do that sort of thing. Even as you get older

Cant say that I talk to myself and do press conferences on the toilet, but I do tend to celebrate important goals and maybe swear a bit when players do frustrating things. To be honest, I think I'll still be doing it when I'm 60. At least I hope so!

Cant say that I talk to myself and do press conferences on the toilet, but I do tend to celebrate important goals and maybe swear a bit when players do frustrating things. To be honest, I think I'll still be doing it when I'm 60. At least I hope so!

This, I've been known to 'fist pump' most goals (not just important ones) and even end up jumping off the chair and running round the house in a mad lap-of-honour when I won the BSN with a dramatic late finish and results going in our favour!

I have held press conferences on the toilet too, as well as just when sitting around. I celebrate goals and wins a fair amount as well as doing my own commentary for games. I have also been known to pretend to be some random pundit commenting on my progress as a maanger....

Archived