What do you do when you get angry?

We all know that, when playing FM, we experience a variety of emotions. There are those days when it brings joy.....and there are those times it makes us so angry we could punch a hole in every wall of our house/apartment.

When I get angry, I keep playing. I never quit playing if I am in a bad mood. I always like to end things on a positive note......oddly enough I don't think I have ever quit playing FM after a loss lol

So what do you do when this game causes you to blow your top? Do you stop playing right then and there? Or do you continue playing until you feel better?

If I get angry mid-match, I usually just shout at the screen and end up punching a sofa or something stupid lol, but occasionally on the old FM's, I used to just turn off the pc/laptop but then it never felt the same as I felt like I was cheating.

If I'm on a bad run, I normally try and get through it or wait until I have a winnable match and save it before so once I've calmed down and start thinking straight I can get started on a good run hopefully.

if i get angry, i come off the game for a little bit to clear my mind...

if i carry on playing angry, i take less time on doing stuff, making rash decisions and coming up with thoughts that the game is conspiring against me...

therefore, by taking time out, i can sit back and look at what i need to do...

Smash the table a bit. I mean when you have some idiot named Diego Costa on your At. Madrid team who runs with the ball 10 times, has 9 shots, but you're still losing 1-0 you just want to kill the brazillian!!

I also tend to scold my players repeatedly. It's to the point of embarassment :p

I guess I'm just "passionate"...

After a really bad loss, I'll save immediately (after the loss). Then I fine/release everyone on the team, offer them mutual termination, just terrible petty things. A few minutes of this and then i reload the save and get on with it.

I never get angry over this game, which is strange because I get angry over other games. I guess this game isn't very frustrating. Maybe cause I always choose a top team and cruise through every season, haha, I don't know.. I guess I can get annoyed if we concede a late goal in an important game, but not like I pound the keyboard or throw stuff.

depends how angry I am, if its a slight annoyance like one of the little ****s in the team complaing about wanting a transfer ill generally think **** you and move him to the reserves never to be seen again...

If I lose to Tottenham laptop murder suicide is on the cards

Oh my, when I was younger I've done some really crazy stuff when losing my temper because of CM/FM.

I've put holes in walls, smashed at least three screens, several mice, countless keyboards and threw the entire PC tower out the window once (it still worked!).

That's not to mention ringing up an old g/f and blaming her for a heavy and unexpected loss and dumping her.

Then again, another lass I went out with threw me out of the house because I dared to call her a name after she dared to tell me it was "just a game".

I've broken so many things because of this bloody game over the years until finally, I realised it wasn't the game, or MY TACTICS, it was all down to me.

Now, I can honestly say, I barely mutter a naughty word under my breath.

I couldn't keep behaving like I was, I've got a wife (who actually lets me play FM quite a lot without much complaint bless her) and I've got two young lads now - got to set a decent role model to them, I dread them playing this and behaving like the mindless nutcase I used to be...!

LOL, I've still got one mate in particular who still smashes screens when he plays it, so he quit playing, he just cannot handle the pressure and plays COD instead.

When I first started playing CM2 "96/97" I would get extremely emotional if I lost an important game.

Runing around the house screaming, destroying keyboards and mouses, occasionally starting a conversation with my computer because

it surely was the computers fault that I lost the game and ending up punishing the PC but not using it for a whole day.

Ohh yes, those were the days... But now I dont give a damn if I lose a game, and just enjoy the game to the fullest.

Archived