Question about PA for older players

Could a player who is past what ought to be the "peak" of their career but still not quite over the hill, let's say one who is aged 30-34, and whose CA is more than 10 points below their PA or previous best, ever be expected to reach his previous heights again? Does this ever happen in the game? In fact, do players' CA ever increase after the age or, say, 32?

True. I find the deterioration a bit drastic sometimes, especially when in a new game any player who is 32 or older will almost always take a hit, usually in physical ratings, within just a few weeks, going down in 3 or more attributes, and then take another hit a couple months later. They can't even get through a half-season at the same level.

Don't want to start a new thread, so a related question - does anyone remember from a previous version of the game, let's say from 5 to 10 years ago, anyone like Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs being at the level they are still at IRL, in the game past the age or 33/34?

When they get to that stage of their career their PA shows them at their peak and are in a type of downward spiral. Never tested it as apart from those I research pay no real attention to other player's PA's as I don't look into it.

I don't think that a player who did not reach his full potential by his 32 birthday, will ever reach it onwards. Physically yes he's going to loose that battle, but others skills may remain for a bit longer. As for Giggs, he's an exception, no extra night-life, diets, extra training and such. But even he can't play in all the games 1 game a week is more then enough to deplete him.

Outfield players in my opinion can reach their full potential by the age of 24, yes sometimes you sign someone and he will begin to develop despite his 28 years but that's only because two things:

- you signed him for free so now he's back in full training so normally some attributes are rising.

- you have better training facilities and coaches then at his previous club.

Although all of this I consider to be normal and very well implemented, I could do without the drastic physical fall.

I don't think that a player who did not reach his full potential by his 32 birthday, will ever reach it onwards.
I meant players who had reached their peak but dropped off it by a fair amount, 10 or more points. Could they ever reach it again, however briefly, past the age of 30 or so?

I meant players who had reached their peak but dropped off it by a fair amount, 10 or more points. Could they ever reach it again, however briefly, past the age of 30 or so?

Well I must say it really depends on your facilities and coaches, and of course other circumstances like: is he coming from an injury, did he have a bad run of form, is he happy.

I can't be certain that a 30 years old player won't reach that hight again, but I'll say it that I don't believe that he can reach that peak. Although he can develop under the circumstances that I mentioned before.

Do you wan't to sign Ronaldinho for penny's, now that he's past 34? (in your game) :D :D

LOL no thanks, Ronaldinho's drop was so dramatic IRL I've wondered if his brilliance in the past was a mere illusion.

Well after he left Milan Berlusconi stated that if he would have trained for the past 3 months maybe he could have kept his place in the team.

So his clubbing was his downfall.

I find mental attributes continue to increase slightly with older players, but as said the inevitable physical decline means they will never reach the heights of their late twenties. The hidden 'professionalism' attribute has a big bearing on this as well, players with high professionalism will stay at their 'peak' for longer and decline slower physically. I find that highly professional players keep their stats well and can play great until 34 - 35 or so, whereas unprofessional players start deteriorating by 30 - 31 and are almost useless by 33...

Archived