Wage Discussions

Hi,

Looking for some help if possible.

I am finding it hard to offer my players new contracts and also offer players I am buying new contracts. I play as Rangers so dont have a lot of funds to offer high wages but everyone wants high wages and even if they are currently on say 4k a week then want 18k plus to renew contract etc.

What can I offer them to bring the weekly wage demand down ie should I give them bigger match bonuses etc etc ?

Thanks

I find this annoying in the game but this is what i do:

Offering contracts to possible transfer - I make sure that i have scouted the player and the report always gives an indication of the likely amount of wages the player will accept. More often than not you can seal a contract within the bracket mentioned by your scout. I always drive a hard bargain, as remember that is whatt the agent is doing with you. Start low and increase slowly knowing the wage that you will accept. As mentioned better to crank up the agent fees as a one off than give a player an extra 15k a week which will add up to more in long run.

Offering contracts to existing players - Unless the player is either indispensible or a wonderkid in the making just let the contract run down right up to the last 6 months if you have to. I am Liverpool and Carra wanted over 100K for 2 years but is on the downslide and well over 30. So i waited and waited and eventually he signed for 2 years on about 45k.

I admit it is more difficult with youngsters, but i suppose that is quite good for the game and stops everyone buying every wonderkid going. You have to make big decisions on who is definately going to play for your first team in the future or not.

Archived