Match preparation - the future

Match Preparation is a good idea but it's only in its infancy and a bit of a blunt tool, IMO.

Here's my idea:

Rather than the simplistic "all or nothing" selection, have sliders so you can concentrate on defending, without completely neglecting attack. Or share the work evenly.

It would make it more interesting, easier to see what you are trying to achieve, more realistic and you could completely ignore it if you wanted to.

I can't tell if this was said with sarcasm or not?

I'm thinking he was talking about the OP morale when the team talks actually go your way. Nonetheless I find it something that I have to do even tough it's rather useless in it's current state. Should be improved alot!

It wasn't sarcasm at all, I'm just saying that it could be the next game changing thing like team talk, morale.

That's why I highlighted team talk. I would hardly say that this is game changing (if you mean this in a positive way); it's a good idea, but badly implemented. If you have a good Ass Man, then there's hardly any point in giving the team talk. It's far too easy to mean one thing and say totally the opposite. I think the say nothing option is rediculous as a way to say 'more of the same please' - ie 'keep it up' yet the 'keep it up' choice often causes your team to go into revolt.

On topic, I agree. I think the match preparation is going to be useful. I haven't done too much with it yet as I keep forgetting to go back and work on it. I like the ideas of sliders, I'm not a fan of all or nothing (which is odd considering my personallity is just that).

That's why I highlighted team talk. I would hardly say that this is game changing (if you mean this in a positive way); it's a good idea, but badly implemented.

Yes I mean it in a constructive way. I agree with you on team talk it's simply not at a level where you can trust your own decisions. Half time 1-0 up you praise your DC for commanding your back line against far better players, then he is confused, or unhappy, and such. Or after match interview, I so often get confused players when I say we did play well despite losing, well what do they want should I slam the door on their heads because we just lost away to the league leaders?? fighting against relegation....and really we played well....

I'm not an expert in how the training engine works, and how it connects to Match Preparation, but I think Match Preparation could also incorporate strength and aerobic sliders. It would be a more elegant solution to be able to increase strength and aerobic training across the board at the beginning of the season, and then tone it down as they get up to full match fitness, rather than needing to create whole new sets of individual training regimes.

Archived