Ipswich Town Sheff Utd. rivalry?

Just started managing ipswich and noticed under other rivals it says sheff utd? Seems a bizarre rivalry being nowhere near each other so i figured there was some other reason for it, so, living in Sheffield, i know a few fans and none of them considered ipswich a rival or had a clue why anyone would. Anyone know why? or is this a mistake?

Chelsea - Millwall has a weird rivarly as well. In 1930, an ex-Chelsea player who by then was playing for Millwall starred in a movie shot mostly at Stamford Bridge. Millwall also lost to Chelsea in the 1945 Southern FA Cup Final. The cup is not officialy recognised because it was during wartime. During the 70s and the 80s the hooligan fans of Chelsea would attack the hooligan fans of Millwall and West Ham United and I guess that also sparked a flame. In 2003, Dennis Wise, ex-Chelsea player became caretaker of Millwall. He then became permanent manager of the club and took Millwall to their first official FA Cup final, losing to Manchester United 3-0.

Chelsea and Millwall didn't share too many matches but it's because of the fans that a rivalry sparked. Weird rivalries do happen. Life happens. S*** hap.. nevermind.

Archived