How much would a new stadium cost?

Approximately how much money would you need in the bank to build a new stadium, say 35,000 capacity? (managing Watford btw in the premiershiip).

Not sure it has anything to do with money in the bank. I had one built for my Oxford side which was £135m for a 47,000 seater and i had no money in the bank.

Not sure it has anything to do with money in the bank. I had one built for my Oxford side which was £135m for a 47,000 seater and i had no money in the bank.

My Napoli chairman bought the 60K San Paolo stadium by taking up a £156M bank loan, and I had around £1M in the bank at the time. Compared to your stadium that was 47K capacity, there seems to be some correlation between the costs.

My Napoli chairman bought the 60K San Paolo stadium by taking up a £156M bank loan, and I had around £1M in the bank at the time. Compared to your stadium that was 47K capacity, there seems to be some correlation between the costs.

There does indeed. My loan was for £107m and the rest was from a new stadium sponsorship deal.

Archived