Avoiding Relegation

I'm 6 games into a season with Blackpool and expected to go down. I've taken 6 points from the first 6 games after playing the likes of Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool. I've made four signings; Tom Cairney (2.1m), JLoyd Samuel (1m), Christian Benitez (1.7m) and Jose Goncalves (Free). My wage budget is shocking and I only have two members of staff in my training schedule as I don't have the wages to get more. So I was wondering if you guys have any tips on preventing Blackpool from being relegated.

Keep getting 1 point from each match and you will be fine. Relegated teams usually finish with 20-32 points.. and scout some talent to get in the winter transfer window. It really does make a difference.

EDIT: Sell the deadwood of the club to improve your transfer budget situation. Loan reserve players for the remainder of the season to make room in the wage budget. Promote young talent from your U18 to the main team. Play counter-attack tactics against giant clubs, park the bus against mid-table teams and play control tactics against teams of your own level. Scout players and get them in the winter transfer window. Focus as much as possible on the FA Cup for extra revenue. Make sure you don't tire your key players. Don't play them as much against teams you're most likely going to lose. Make sure you don't overpay your players, etc..

There are so many things you could do to avoid relegation, honestly.

Archived