What are you doing?

With a highly anticipated patch coming out sometime soon, any of you guys feel that you find yourself 'waiting' for the patch and can't play your own save game. Usually, I carry on playing a longer term save throughout but this time round I've not had a chance to get into a long term save (longest was 3.5 years then crash dumps) and stopped playing a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I couldn't contain my passion for a football manager game and have found myself playing Championship Manager 01/02 - my 1st game in the series! It's amazing how far the game has come.

So, what are you doing?

Still playing FM11?

Just waiting around?

Still Playing a long-term save from an older game?

Or playing an old version to pass the time?

I struggled to get into FM11 really, but now I worked out direct passing is godly in lower leagues where my players cant pass very well, I'm actually starting to do okay. I've still barely managed much though, My Morton save I've stopped, only done 1 season, I'm doing a Truro save now which I intend to be long-term, it's risky to do so I admit as the patch can cause or fix issues, but I didn't fancy living afraid of it. I just hope the patch doesnt ruin my save, and that the enhancements are useful and apply somewhat to my old save.

I always thought direct passing would suck if your team has low average passing stats. Always seemed obvious to me that short passing was the safe way to go.

Unless I'm managing one of the better sides in the lower leagues, I've always gone with direct passing and a 'HOOF it to the really fast poacher or his big target man strike partner' and it's worked pretty well. I see it although the long passes are inaccurate, the ball is now nearer to their goal than mine - while if I play shorter passing, a misplaced pass could give them an easier goal.

I'm playing my Aston Villa game and trying to press on with my very, very young side I've put together. Sitting 4th half way through. I wouldn't mind getting that patch to start a new game as Rangers in the SPL. Is it me or does it feel a little late in February and we don't have the patch. Maybe it's because I'm just waiting for it.

Archived