can't apply to old club?

i started at arsenal, and left it for real madrid after 2 seasons. after 1 season, i went back to epl to manage blackburn.

its the end of the season now and there's vacancy in both arsenal and real madrid but there's no "Apply for Job" option for arsenal!

is this a bug since i can still apply for the post at real madrid?

well when you leave for another club, they will put you on the hated list, so even if you appllied, you wouldnt get the job

Why would they put you on the "hated list"? Many managers return to their old teams in real life.

I did 13 seasons as Bradford manager making them a solid top half premiership team. Left to take the England job. Did 3 years with England and quit with a European Championship to my name.

Went on holiday and set it to apply to all top division jobs and to end holiday when offered a job. First job offered was Bradford again but on the contract screen everything was greyed out except 'walk away'.

I assume there's a bug in there somewhere. I was offered the villa job next without any probs.

Are you still automatically hated when you leave a club? This RUINS the game imo, all you acheivements count for nothing, you are erased from history, whereas players can move to your rivals and still be icons :(

What happens if you've just had enough and want to move into international management only, or take a break from the game, go to america etc. The circumstances of your departure alone should dictate how you are viewed, and in a lot of circumstances you should be able to move back to your old club.

Im glad i havent bothered with FM11 if this is still an issue (is it really?) If so, please fix!

Archived