Bug with buying italians players that are owned by two clubs

I think theres a bug when your buying a player who is owned by two clubs

My example is Gaetano D'Agostino , the Fiorentina/Udinese player

He is valued at 5.25 mill as a whole , but i think each club sees this as 5.25 mill for each of them even though they have a 50% stake each.

If you scout him it will say you can get him for about 15 million, which is realistic for a first teamer at Fiorentina ( the club he plays for). But i had to pay them 15 million AND Udinese 15 million, for a complete transfer fee of 30 million. This is in 2011 summer by the way.

Does anybody understand what im trying to say the problem is?

its not a problem really. As both clubs own him both clubs are valuing him at 15 million, thats why they are both asking 15 for him.

If Fiorentina wanted to buy the other share off Udinese they would be asking for 15mil as they feel thats what he is worth.

Its not a bug, just how the co-ownership works.

I'd say the problem is you were willing to pay 30M for D'Agostino, but that's just me... ;)

Seriously though, if that's the case I think it's just wrong... Even taking into account the fact no club would let a first-team player leave at face value, 15+15M is just too much... Each share shouldn't really have been higher than 8-10M tops.

Archived