scout recommendation question

You need to judge them by how they perform on the pitch, not what they look like on paper. In my experience, a player with high scout ratings but poor attributes usually does better than one with decent attributes and poor scout ratings, certainly in the lower leagues anyway. I've usually found that my scouts are much better at spotting good players than I am.

has anyone had any joy with signin scouted players with low star ratings?

Playing as Bayern I found Antonio Barillà in 2011 at Reggina, Serie B, while searching for a player with the attributes I'd expect for a left wing backup-player. Bought him for € 1.5M and he's satisfied with a laughable 13k salary.

My 20/20 coach considered him (and still does) as a "decent" 1.5* player and Ribery as a "quality" 3.5* player.

Unfortunately for him Ribery has been rather injury free of late but so far his stats are:

Barillà - Ribery

appearances: 10 - 28

goals: 2 - 10

assists: 3 - 6

avg rating: 7.13 - 7.35

He's stable defensively and provides some lovely passes so basically I'm very happy with him. Considering I almost didn't buy him because of the scouts recommendations, I'm even happier :-)

Btw., the filter I used to find him uses 18 attributes and returns merely 24 players in 2011, including my own. Among them guys like Nani, Di Maria, Nasri, Gareth Bale,... but also quite a few unknowns. However, Barillà is one of the few with decent aerial ability.

You need to judge them by how they perform on the pitch, not what they look like on paper. In my experience, a player with high scout ratings but poor attributes usually does better than one with decent attributes and poor scout ratings, certainly in the lower leagues anyway. I've usually found that my scouts are much better at spotting good players than I am.

That's why they are a scout and not a manager. :)

Archived