Player prefers backup status with tiny wage??

This is not realistic, right?

I'm trying to sign a "backup" player, and he wants 40/week. My board only lets me do 25/week for backup (small-time BSS club!), so I switch the status to "rotation" and offer him 40. Then the player's all, "well if you're gonna make me rotation, I want a hell of a lot more money."

So I'm all, "Ok fine, then how about backup status, 25/week?"

He says, "Sounds great! Glad we resolved this so quickly!"

:confused:

Maybe he's a lazy player. Back up as in dont really do any thing, train less hard and gets 25/week.

If rotation, he needs to train harder, play games, travel with team. Alot more responsibilities for 15/week more. 2-3 times more responsibilities/workload but money is not even double. Not worth it to him maybe. Lol.

I do this all the time. I currently have a squad of 25 players; all but two are on backup status and all play at least 30 games a season. When it come to re-negotaiting a contract, I always try to drop their sqaud status as low as possbile, as their wage demands are always lower. Occasionally I have to increase thier status when the board won't allow me to offer enough in basic wages

I find in the lower league that you can re negotiate lower contracts for players who are playing every game. sometimes it's because of promotion that they accept a smaller roll with less money but sometimes it's not. not sure if it's realistic or not.

Maybe he's a lazy player. Back up as in dont really do any thing, train less hard and gets 25/week.

If rotation, he needs to train harder, play games, travel with team. Alot more responsibilities for 15/week more. 2-3 times more responsibilities/workload but money is not even double. Not worth it to him maybe. Lol.

If this is a serious answer it makes me ROFL :)

You don't honestly think the players have that level of AI do you??

Archived