wants a new contract

does anyone else get frustrated when a player is new to the club and gets a transfer offer on them in the first couple months and they demand a better salary or be put on the transfer list? i mean you just got here. just because someone made an offer way under your true value doesnt mean you should get 5 times the wages you currently get.

Yes, currently happening constantly to me. I won the league last year with Lowestoft and I've got players left right and centre getting annoyed when I turn down offers from the likes of Blackpool and demand big payrises (and more importantly huge signing on fees for himself and his agent).

I can't remember the player, but his contract was running out in June and I renewed it late December, increasing his wages 4x. Four days later, some team makes an offer and he comes wanting another new contract. I obviously told him no and that I run the club, not him. Went fine from there.

Always happens to me with younger players. I sign a player for £2.5m on £3k p/w. Previously on £350 p/w. After 6 months somebody bids £750k and the agent wants a new deal worth £25k p/w. I usually end up tieing the player down for an extra 2 years for £10k p/w but its still a bit too much really. And occurs far too often.

BUT, this is the first year of including agents into the game so obviously there will be problems. Hopefully it will be toned down for next year.

Archived