Have you raised a term from obscurity to being a "bigger club"?

How long did it take? You stopped having 4-5 players wanting to "move to a bigger club?"

i still have 3-4 players asking to move to a bigger club, i tell them i want the club to grow etc and they say they cannot wait etc

then they hand in a TF request, i accept, and EVERY single time they ask to stay the following day.

Then 2 days later they want to move to a bigger club again.

Gee i hope the patch fixes it!

Rangers and Celtic manage to keep their players.

Do they, though? Not many big names. They both have a squad with CAs of about 120-140. That's comparable to Wolves, at least in the FM universe.

And I don't think it's unrealistic that good players would want to play in good leagues. It's difficult to gain recognition and improve if you're playing against garbage.

Do they, though? Not many big names. They both have a squad with CAs of about 120-140. That's comparable to Wolves, at least in the FM universe.

And I don't think it's unrealistic that good players would want to play in good leagues. It's difficult to gain recognition and improve if you're playing against garbage.

It may be dependent upon what leagues you are running - but in my game in 2025, Celtic is English and French internationals playing for them. If I offer a contract to a French or English international they refuse to listen, I cant even offer terms. Once in the past 10 years have they advanced out of the Champions league group round.

Here are their finishes from 2010/2011 through 2024/2025: 10/11-Failed to make Champions Cup out of best placed playoff, didnt advance out of Euro Cup group round. 11/12-Did not play in Europe. 12/13-Made Champions cup, advanced to Euro cup 2nd knockout. 13/14-Failed to qualify for Champions Leauge out of playoff, advance to euro cup 1st rnd knockout. 14/15 - Advanced to Champions Cup Qtr final, 15/16-Didnt qualify for the CL, made it to Euro Cup Qtr Final. 16/17-Champions Cup Semi Final. 17/18-Placed last in CL group stage. 18/19-Placed third in group stage, failed out of euro cup knockout. 19/20 - Didnt make CL, Euro cup 2nd rnd knockout. 20/21- Didnt make CL, Euro Cup 1st rnd knockout. 21/22- Placed last in CL group stage. 22/23-Makes CL group stage, places 3rd, Europ Cup 1st rnd knockout. 24/25- DOesnt make CL, KNocked out in Euro Cup 1st rnd.

At this point Celtic is the 37th ranked team in the world. Their current coefficient is 45.611.

I am the 21s ranked team in the world, my current coefficient is 79.405. I have played in the CL group stage the past 9 years, advancing past the group stage (Placing 2nd in the group) twice. We have played in Europe 12/13 years.

There is NO way that at this point Celtic should be able to sign players that I cannot, especially considering that in the past 10 years we have performed better than they have, AND the SPL is a 3 star league, just like we are.

Furthermore, I agree that its unappealing to play against Garbage, but Celtic is playing in an identically ranked league to us.

How long did it take? You stopped having 4-5 players wanting to "move to a bigger club?"

<sigh> I despair of the human condition, I do.

To give you a real (as opposed to joking) answer to the thread (as opposed to a reference to the spelling error in the thread title), it would appear that the improvement in reputation lags considerably behind the ability of a club in Europe. However, as my experience is limited to Prestatyn Town FC of Wales, and thus I'm affected by both the club's lagging rep and the Welsh Premier League's lagging rep, I cannot offer any decent advice on the effect of the lag of a club's rep, even when playing in a decent league (such as if, say, AFC Wimbledon were promoted to the EPL).

Archived