Lower League Cup Run?

After Crawleys adventure in this years FA Cup, whats the best run you have done/ or seen?

Mine was as Arsenal and I found myself against Tooting and Mitcham, in the fourth round in (I think) 2015. They were not in the Blue Square north/ south so it was a real suprise and it was a struggle even though I put a fairly strong side but we still won 3-0.

So whats been the best one you have seen or done?

I used to be pretty rubbish in the cups on FM but in recent versions I have had a couple of decent cup runs with Non-League teams.

My first ever run to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup with a Blue Square South team came on FM09. I was drawn against Everton in the 3rd round and my side was comfortably beaten at Goodison (it was Everton 4-0 SAINTS).

On FM10, I managed another run to the 3rd Round whilst in the Blue Square South. This was the result:

StAlbansvBolton.png

That was with the majority of the original St. Albans City squad, who were predicted to finish in the lower half of the BSS, so I was really pleased with this achievement. It still rates as one of my very best achievements on FM, to be honest.

A few seasons later, when I was in the Blue Square Premier, I managed another run to the 3rd round:

StAlbansvStoke-2.png

I've never made it past round 3 with a Non-League side though.

My worst, but by far most satisfying, was this season's league cup in my save where I (Man U) lost away to Gillingham 5-2. I switched positions between the DR and GK, wanting to go out due to having way too many competitions that the board, and myself too, feel are unimportant.

I once got Shrewsbury to the FA Cup semi final in FM09 only to go out 2-0 against Liverpool despite having the better of the game. In fairness, I didn't face any PL teams in my run, they was all Football league / Non league teams but was still chuffed to get to Wembley and get a bit of cash in the coffers. Shame I couldn't quite get them into Europe

Mines gotta be Redditch United in the FA cup. (FM10)

A none playable side in England (At least in the time of the cup run).

Run started in the 2nd quals with a away 3-0 win v fellow non playable side Mickleover.

Then was a 3rd quals home 1-1 draw v Blue squre bet north side Kidderminster, Redditch winning the away replay 2-1.

In the 4th quals Redditch won at Home 3-1 v Another blue sqaure bet north side solihull moors.

The 1st round saw Redditch win away to Blue squre bet Premier side Macclesfield 3-2.

Then beating League 1 side hudderfield away 3-1.

The run finailly came to a brutel end in the 3rd round, losing 6-1 at home to Premier league Aston villa

They also got to the Semi final of the FA trophy in the same season.

Squad: http://img24.imageshack.us/f/61439882.png/

Run: http://img12.imageshack.us/f/97991760.png/

Also worth a metion are Croation side NK Dinamo in the UEFA Champions league, going trough three rounds of quals and then finishing 2nd in the grp stages (above Rangers and Valencia) to get the the 1st knockout to lose 3-0 v Shalkie

On my Alfreton save in the 2nd season I got Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 3rd round. I had very lucky draws all the way though. THe amount of money I got was staggering and propelled my through the leagues.

On my current save, the further I have got is the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, and I've only managed that in five seasons.

Historically, I've got to the Fourth Round a couple of times from the non league. The most memorable was on FM06 with Billericay Town. I won 3-2 at Championship side Bradford City in Round Three before leading Everton 1-0 at half time in Round Four and lost the tie 2-1. The money I earned from that upgraded the training and youth facilities and helped me get into the Football League.

Archived