The english championship is so hard

i have only managed in the championship once and that was my third year in charge of shrewsbury and i won the championship too make it 3 consecutive promotions i found the first month hard and march hard but a change of tactics changed the results and i finished 10 points clear of west brom

Gratz to all the helpfull people saying

" I gotzz promotedz in my first seasssonz with arzenal and im greats so your nots"

theres no doubting the championship is hard and teams will become use to how you play if you keep using same formation and tactics so just mix up getting out of the championship requires alot of time and to be tactical you need to look how your opponent plays and what they weaknesses and strengths are and play to there weaknesses like when i managed in championship i looked at there last 5 results and seen when they concede and score the most and for example if they conceded alot in the first 20 minutes i would start alot out attack and try to take advantage of they slow starting but if they scored more at start of game i would take a more cautious approach and then go attacking when they concede the most.

I've given up on this game' date=' it's just not what it used to be. Gonna try some other football management games that aren't so frustrating and tedious might try again after the patch.[/quote']

we look forward to your inevitable return

How did you get on in the prem with burnley?

Well i got a nice £35m for the summer transfer market, bought a few freebies in addition to ibrahim afelley for £12m, james milner for £4m and andy carrol for £5m (lol...i paid 7 times less than what liverpool paid for him..)

In my first season i came 8th, lost on a europa league spot on goal difference :mad: second season, i struggled and was 16th for most of it until january, when i got sick and tired of how things were going so i decided to apply at man city, got the job. Burnley hired steve cotteril and finished the league in 7th place:mad:

Burnley are easy to play with...in the championship. Not so much in the prem.

Since I've had Football Manager 2011 (purchased on day of release) I have taken my beloved Nottingham Forest up to the Premiership 4 times...twice winning the Championship...and twice as runner's up...and I have also won the Championship with Bristol City aswell.

You are entitled to your opinion of course...but I personally find the Championship 1 of the easiest League's to conquer on Football Manager 2011.

Im playing with leicester just cant seem to keep a run goin find it so frustrating ive tried evry tactic on the forums and my own and its just not goin my way is it just me or are other people experianceing this:mad:

when you say 'frustrating ive tried evry tactic on the forums and my own' over what period have you done this? Teams can take months to get a tactic working, perhaps you are not giving it enough time

It took me two seasons with Middlesbrough, finishing 7th and 2nd.

My advice, is focus on the key areas. You need a goalkeeper who can do a good job, which was half my trouble. Bring in someone experienced who can tell the defence what to do, and won't concede from 30 yards every game.

Work out your defence. Championship teams often have one fast striker who is poor technically, and one older chap who is technically very good, but lacks pace. You need to decide how you're going to counter this. If you have a fast defence, push up, and this will stop the experienced forward from getting too many opportunities. Obviously, if they're slower, you're going to need to drop deeper so the fast striker isn't constantly in behind them.

Make sure you have central midfielders who can score. This was my problem in the first year; O'Neil, Arca, Robson and co. just weren't getting enough goals. I brought in Jamie O'Hara and Jordi Gomez on loan, both have high workrates, both have a decent ability to score goals from midfield, and both can pick out a good pass through the defence. Jordi Gomez also has good flair, which you need from at least one player.

You need a striker on form at all times. I combatted this by playing a front three at all times, which meant that at least one of them generally got something. You probably will end up going for the Championship stereotype of having someone fast and someone good.

Bring in Premiership loanees. Plenty of players will be interested, and often, Premiership clubs won't look for any wage contribution if they are loan listed. Get a parent club as well, focus more on who you can get than how much money they offer you - I chose Spurs over Arsenal because Spurs have a much larger reserve side. This also allowed me to loan in Jermaine Jenas in my second season.

If you want to get promoted, play attacking football. Teams will stack strong defenders in front of their goal if you're favourites, and this can be difficult to break down. You need to create as much as possible.

i find it very hard when i am trying to take a low rep team up. at that point you cant get the quality of player needed to compete. you are sending out loan requests to everyone and their mother trying to get good enough players to complete the squad. i usually end up in a 4-5-1 the first couple years just to make sure i survive.

you are sending out loan requests to everyone and their mother trying to get good enough players to complete the squad.

Huh? Who's mother is trying to get good enough players?......

Loaning players is pretty easy though. Especially if they're youngsters from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U etc...They'll always be available, almost always accept, and will not want a wage contribution. Which is why my first season with Burnley in the championship was easy, i had Jack Cork, Daniel Pacheco, Kieran Gibbs. These players made life easy, since i didnt have to spend any money and had good players..

Took me 2 seasons with Q.P.R, I would say stick with it as its a long campaign in the championship and even a poor first half of the season doesn't mean you can't get promoted.

Look at what Sven has done since he took over at Leicester 4 month ago they was bottom now there looking at play offs or maybe even better.

Archived