How to get out of a slump of form?

I am playing as Leeds and I was top of the table come January. Now I have gone from drawing 90% of games to losing my final 6 games of the season and have slipped down to 9th in the Championship. I realise this is probably a realistic position, but the amount of draws has took all my enjoyment away, I feel like I have underachieved. Does the game just fix results so you finish in a predetermined league position? I would have took 9th at the beginning of the season but now I kind of want to stop playing as no matter what tactic I used or players I seem to get the following;

I go 1-0 in the first half.

my strikers miss about 4 1v1 via the highlights.

The AI scores in the final 20mins, usually straight after they switch formation.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Morale, training? Or should I just accept I have been unluck (again?)

There isn't anything you're doing wrong mate. I had the same problem with Nottingham Forest on my first save with them. Top on Feb the 1st but from then until the end of April I only picked up thirteen points from fourty-nine and I surrended a ten point lead, the title and automatic promotion. My players morale was shot and I didn't know what to do. I had to arrange a friendly against a side not in the English league and we won which boosted some of my players morale. We went on to win the final league game and the play-off semi-final but lost the final :(. I got the sack six months later :(.

Did you bring in new players, particularly strikers, in the Jan window? Did you rotate your squad when some players' morale is low? Did you defend and sub in defensive players when you need to keep the lead in the last minutes? It's either your tactics or player morale.

Archived