FM11 - 11.2.1 - Powello's 4-4-2

Good day all, Powello here. I have been on a bit of a hiatus from FM and also these forums, but now I am back and have created a new tactic which is doing wonders for me.

Tactic History

A month ago or so I decided to come back to FM after a long break. I downloaded the new patch(11.2.1) and decided to start off as my beloved Man United. Yes, I can hear the groans now, “not another tactic born from a great team who can win everything no matter what tactic”. Don’t worry, the story hasn’t finished yet.

I decided I wanted a flat 4-4-2 tactic, well I wanted to try and get one working anyway. I used the Tactic Creator to start with. After a lot of messing around and watching matches, I finally hit on a system that worked for me. We were flying in the league and cups, unbeaten, scoring quite a few and conceding little. After a while I got bored as it was all to easy.

So I deleted that save and started a new one as Everton. Was thinking about a new tactic but thought what the hell I will try the United one I created before. During friendlies I tweaked a little and we won al but one convincingly. Then came the real test, first game of the season, away t Spurs. We lost 3-0. Not a great start. So I made a little tweak to the defence and we went on a 11 game unbeaten streak, beating Liverpool and city in the process. The season just got better and better and that’s what made me decide to upload this tactic for everyone to try.

As you can see below, I won the title first season with Everton. I was shocked with how well we performed during the course of the season, always thinking, soon we will have a bad run and it will all go to pot, But it never happened. We also won the FA Cup aswell by the way.

leaguezf.th.jpg

Ok I would like to direct you to our home form, We were unbeatable at home, if only our away form could match we would of stormed the league.

The Tactic

formation.jpg

How the players are set up:-

GK - Goalkeeper/Defend

RB - Wingback/Automatic

RCB - Central defender/Defend

LCB - Central defender/Defend

LB - Wingback/Automatic

RM - Wide Midfielder/Automatic

RCM - Ball wining midfielder/Defend

LCM - Advanced playmaker/Attack

LM - Wide midfielder/Autmoatic

RSC - Advanced Forward/Attack

LSC - Complete Forward/Attack

Ant the Team Instructions are as follows:-

Philosophy - Fluid

Starting Strategy - Attacking

Passing Style - Shorter

Creative Freedom - More Expressive

Closing Down - Press More

Tackling - Default

Marking - Zonal Marking

Crossing - Float Crosses

Roaming - More Roaming

Player Attributed reccomended:-

GK - Handling, One on ones, Rushing out, Agility also low eccentricity if possible,

WBS - Marking, tackling, concentration, positioning, pace

CBS - Heading, marking, tackling, anticipation, concentration, positioning, pace, strength

R/LM - Crossing, dribbling, finishing, passing, creativity, flair, pace, heading as they do get on the end of each others crosses occasionally.

MCR - First touch, heading, marking, passing, tackling, concentration, positioning, strength

MCL - Finishing, heading, passing, creativity, decisions, positioning

STCR - Finishing, Heading, Anticipation, composure, off the ball, pace, acceleration

STCL - Dribbling, crossing, finishing, passing, creativity, flair, off the ball, pace, acceleration

The MCR is the more defensive midfielder, his job is to break up attacks and give it to the MCL to start attacking moves.

The right sided striker is set currently as an advanced forward so he is your outlet, can swich him to the poachers role as I have done a couple of times this season depending on who is fit.

This tactic plays a very high defensive liine so that ay trouble slow defenders, you can lower the line though without affecting the forward play.

It also plays quite wide and fast.

I havent set up any corner or free kick routines attak or defence so you may want to do that for yourself.

No playmaker or target man is set currently although I may look to use that in future testing

I don’t use OI’s, I hardly ever use the media, I let my ass man deal with that. I have no technique for team talks. All depends on what I see at the time.

Below you can see how my players performed during the season:-

playersjl.th.jpg

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths

- Very solid defensively for me - Tim Howard kept 25 clean sheets in 42 games conceding 25 goals.

- If blended well, the whole team works for each other.

- Good at breaking teams down

- Usually lots of simple passes

- All the team chips in on the goals front

Weaknesses

- Not a mahoosive amount of goals scored

- Not always the greatest for away matches( I will come to that)

- The attack as a whole doesn’t always click.

Ok I am sure there are more strengths and weaknesses to the tactic but that is one of the reasons I am uploading it for everyone to try. I personally believe it’s a great tactic, but I know it won’t work for all teams. I am hoping not just for good feedback(although please show me some love lol) but also constructive criticism and help to improve it. The main area I would like help with is, my strike force as I know there are more goals to come from there. The defence is solid IMO so want to keep that.

Tactic is below for you, If there are ay problems with downloading please let me know and I shall upload somewhere else for you J

http://www.mediafire.com/?7r3jyihhiy63254

If there is anything I have missed or that you want to know, then please comment.

Thank you all for looking and I hope that, if you give it a try, its is a success for you.

I have found a 442 tactic and tweaked it and i seem to get great results against bigger teams.

As Sunderland i finished 6th in the league in my 2nd season and beat Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea regularly.

My problem was that i was drawing and losing games against teams below me in the league. I have just downloaded this tactic and after a few weeks the match preparation levels should all be nearly complete and i will use it to play against teams such as Fulham and West Brom then get back to you.

Sorry been away for a few days..

Firstly thanks for trying it..

I have also found we can be exposed to counter attacks but 9 times out of 10 my defence has coped with it no provlem. My goal leakage hasn't been that bad at all, infact one of the best in the league. Wierdly the main problem was with my strike force not scoring enough which I am now working on.

Who do you have in your defence might I ask? Do you have trouble both at home and away? or is it just one of them thats the main problem? I had trouble away mainly until later on in the season.

This tactic does have a high line of defence and not playing the offside trap if I remember correctly. Maybe try lowering the defence line if your defenders aren't to quick and have poor positioning and anticipation. In that regards thank you you have higlighted the fact I have missed some things in the opening post which I shall address now.

Have you stuck with the tactic and done any tweaking to try and improve? or moved on?

I am hoping someone could give me some advice in improving it in all areas. I am open to all suggestions. I am currently coming up to pre season so I am working on a few tweaks to see what I can do. I will place close attention to defence.

I shall let you know how I get on with that.

Archived