Football Manager 2010 off The App Store???

Hi all. been a long time since Ive been on here. I purchased fm2010 for the ipod touch a while ago. i recently upgraded my phone and got the iphone so i thought id put fm2010 on that. i looked in the app store and its no longer there. As my ipod touch died Ive lost it all together. Is there anyway of getting it back? Its annoying because i paid for the game and want to play it but i cant find it. I don't want to buy the new one just yet. Any help is appreciated.

• SI Staff

Hi - FMHi 2010 was removed from the app store shortly before the 2011 version was released (not certain of the ins and outs of why, something to do with licencing I'd expect, but not my department - just a humble developer me).

Because of the download limits when purchasing items through the store you'd have had to purchase and download it via. a computer I believe - if you check on that machine you should find it retains a copy of the game which you can sync onto a new device and thus restore it that way.

• SI Staff
No i purchased it on the ipod touch and downloaded it through there. 100% because at the time i didnt have a pc. Hence the handheld version ;). Any ideas on any way to get it back.

Your best bet is to contact Apple and ask tbh - as they control the store, I've no idea how their copy protection or store operates internally (they apply it onto the application themselves) so it'd have to be them that'd provided the new copy to you I'm afraid.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might be causing you - I will ask internally to see if anyone else has been through this in case it might help give you guidance, but its not something which is at all common.

Archived