Weirdest Nationalities of players

Not sure about you guys but when i find a player with a weird nationality that you dont usually see- i have to bring them in , any of you got any players with some weird nationality.

Ive got this guy who is from Cape Verde islands - he isnt bad either actually

miagraaprofileattribute.png"]miagraaprofileattribute.png[/url]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually do the same. If I find a young player from a weird country, I usually buy him. Even if he's not of the standard I would usually have. In the past I have bought guys from the Faroe Islands, Liechctenstein and Fiji to name a few

Got regens from the NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS.

Not to mention Bhutan, Maldives, loads from Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Qatar, etc, etc.

I can post screenies of him from the NMI if you want...

yeah post a screenshot please - i have to say ive never even heard of that country

I remember on CM 03/04 I had a player from an African Island called Mayotte. Which I think is a French colony and was a national team on that game, but isnt a national team on more recent versions.

The man was good enough to play for France but instead played for Mayotte. So he could never play in the World Cup because they have never been part of FIFA or CAF.

in FM09, there was a glitch where new owners could come in to a club with Soviet Union nationality

in Soviet Russia, game takes over you!

anyways:

Man City signed an Azeri winger on my FM10 save, who wasn't too bad... i wish i'd picked him up

on FM07, i got 2 regens from Palestine come through my youth (they weren't bad, but never progressed far enough to see them make my first team)

Kazakhstan ;)

I have a Kazah Under 21 but he sucks really...

Flamers

I had a 16 year old Kazakh keeper regen in FM09... his first ever game was a full international, he was so bad he couldn't even get a game in the U19's. I eventually sold him for £1mill to some Turkish club where he became their backup keeper BUT he did become Kazakhstan captain (he was the only Kazakhi in the game :p)

In my game there are 4 Singaporean players worth £3m or more - all play in Europe for average-ish teams and the national team is a bit more competitive, sometimes getting to the final qualifying rounds for the WC (but never succeeding...yet)

By Weirdest, you would mean unusual or rare. It might also not be right to call a country 'Weird'... which is (though I'm sure not intentional) disrespect.

the whole thread has been based on a weird fm nationality, in fact in the very first post he said 'a weird nationality that you dont usually see', he is clearly referring to nations that you dont often see players from, noone has said that the country itself if weird

When I played games with Ajax or Feyenoord sometimes I go through all the countries in the world to see if there are any young players I could find and sign.

I once managed to get one player from every country in the world with Feyenoord. Needless to say, my squad was very bloated...

When I played games with Ajax or Feyenoord sometimes I go through all the countries in the world to see if there are any young players I could find and sign.

I once managed to get one player from every country in the world with Feyenoord. Needless to say, my squad was very bloated...

Nice effort

It's not that bad, i once had a massive transfer and wage budget, so i bought EVERY under 16 in the game to look at their potenital

By Weirdest, you would mean unusual or rare. It might also not be right to call a country 'Weird'... which is (though I'm sure not intentional) disrespect.

People who take offense to that are the same people who take offense to Santa. Nothing about this thread is offensive to anyone, and everyone reading knows the point of the thread.

TBH, your post offended me far more than the OP ever could.

the whole thread has been based on a weird fm nationality, in fact in the very first post he said 'a weird nationality that you dont usually see', he is clearly referring to nations that you dont often see players from, noone has said that the country itself if weird

Still, it's not the "proper" way to put it, I'd use the word "obscure" implying, sure it's there, but it's not very famous. I don't take offence to people saying "weird" but my mind just says "hang on, that's not the proper word". It's pedantic - I wasn't going to even say anything about it, but someone else did, so I thought I'd chip in.

Still, it's not the "proper" way to put it, I'd use the word "obscure" implying, sure it's there, but it's not very famous. I don't take offence to people saying "weird" but my mind just says "hang on, that's not the proper word". It's pedantic - I wasn't going to even say anything about it, but someone else did, so I thought I'd chip in.

I'm sorry to anyone from an obscure country that i may have offended by implying your country was weird, that was not my intention, i just meant a country you do not see very often in the game.

Now thats cleared up, keep them coming , i ran the south african league and tend to get alot of good african players - zambian and angolan to name a few, whether it helps running a league from that country im not sure but still.

i had npot one but 2 Andorran megastars come through on FM10.

Oscar blanco, was easily one of the best stikers in the world by 21, picked him up for £7k was worth £20m last i remmeber. the other was a RB/RM, eventually became second string for me but was eaily good enough for mid-prem teams.

ionly found them as i was manager of ndorra for a little bit and thye popped up in my national pool when the regens came through. alas they never played in a major tourney lol

I usually sign a few players from obscure countries around the world. Signed some 18yr old from American Samao on my Alicante save, he doesn't look good at all but for some reason I enjoy signing these random players.

Agreed i always look to sign players from weird countries, even tho they're rubbish lol Guyuna, New Caledonia amongst others

Archived