Group draw - media

What happens when your groups are drawn in CC or EC? You get 3-4 messages. A.e. "Group stages drawn", "Tottenham handed a tough group" [always, whatever the opponents are] and "Tottenham to face Milan" [headline about the strongest team in your group]. But couldn't we decide what is a tough group and what is not? What about a question from media? With choices given:

*)We will be lucky if get a single point out of this

*)This will be tough but we'll give our best

*)Our chances are 50/50

*)We should qualify with ease

*)It's a really easy task, we'll do it!

I had this idea when media announced [for 4 time in a row] that I'm in a tough group even despite the fact that my opponents in EC were Genoa, Basel, Ventspils and M.Haifa! I won all the games and Genoa that was told to 'create a lot of problems for Spurs' didn't score a single goal against me. Ok, if I have to face Milan, Barca or smth like that, then I understand such a headline, but not average teams...

Second thing... I think there should be some improvement in not only former players but also former opponents. A.e. 'This year Spurs will face Fiorentina - the team that knocked them out of EC two years ago. Tottenham players are told to be hungry for revenge'. 'This year's FA Cup's final will be a Champions League 2009 final replay. Arsenal will need to prove their dominance one more time, this time - in English competition'.

Archived