Staff employment...

First of all, hi, im new to these threads. I've been stalking them for a while but finally got myself to sign up.

I get really sick and tired towards the end of a season, because clubs decide to start poaching my coaches, physios, scouts etc. When i'm playing with a small club and a big club comes in for them, i have no hope of keeping them, and in some cases the compensation is closer to nothing. I find it hard to recruit staff who are better than the ones who left or at least as good. Is this a bug or something? Because i dont see this happening in real life.

Also on a different note, has anyone gone on holiday for a season, and the assistant manager won a title for for the club?

unfortunately teams dont consider you before they come in mate. As you said its the time that can 'make or break' the season, thats why they make the move then.

and yes, i holidayed a season (2025 i think it was), it was by accident as i was holidaying, what is a very long, post season in Finland and I accidentally put it on 'indefinately' i came back and had won the league (had won the previous 4 so i had a strong squad to start with)

Why do they have to do it at such a crucial time in the season? Usually starts at around end of march/beginning of april and that's when it's make or break in a season. They could just wait for the off season can't they?

But then it's make or break for those clubs too. They want to push on and get the title/promotion/playoffs/out of relegation too

Why do they have to do it at such a crucial time in the season? Usually starts at around end of march/beginning of april and that's when it's make or break in a season. They could just wait for the off season can't they?

But then it's make or break for those clubs too. They want to push on and get the title/promotion/playoffs/out of relegation too

True, but my point is it doesn't happen, not at that rate at least, in real life.

unfortunately teams dont consider you before they come in mate. As you said its the time that can 'make or break' the season, thats why they make the move then.

and yes, i holidayed a season (2025 i think it was), it was by accident as i was holidaying, what is a very long, post season in Finland and I accidentally put it on 'indefinately' i came back and had won the league (had won the previous 4 so i had a strong squad to start with)

I did it with Chelsea just to try and they won the Champions League (irony much?). I have never won it on the game with a british club, and Chelsea have never won it in real life too.

I played a lot of saves on holiday, and I was pretty good at it.

I'd do pre-season and the January transfer window myself, but I'd regularly get sides from Blue Square N/S to League 2. Then I'd peak out, before dropping down 2 divisions to a new club and do it again.

Holidaying became addictive, I've managed to avoid it on my latest save game for the most part. Three seasons in and I think I've holidayed 2 games.

I agree but i also understand why this happens...

but what bugs me is the fact that if that member of staff is approached by another team, they will NEVER say no, regardless of the stature of the club trying to poach him.

plus, it's really frustrating when the day after you've got coach x to sign a new contract, team y come in the day and offer him a contract which leads to you losing him because 'he doesn't want to discuss as he has only just signed a new deal' and what i said above!

TBH, I've never noticed a member of staff move to a lesser role. They either have the same role at a bigger club (based exclusively on in-game reputation) or move to a better role, ie youth coach at a bigger club to be ass man at a smaller club (on more pay).

I've never noticed a member of staff saying 'he doesn't want to discuss as he has only just signed a new deal'.

I've never noticed a member of staff saying 'he doesn't want to discuss as he has only just signed a new deal'.

generally this does happen when a similar reputation or higher rep club comes in...and if another club offer my staff a deal after they've just signed a deal with me, they will leave because they wont negotiate a new contract!

Archived