Are you serious? - Release clause problem

Honestly, im in the year 2028, i went to renew afew contracts, im Grimsby in the EPL. EVERY time i go to renew a contract, the players (Who are young but will be star players when their older) they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS want a frekin release clause whih i cant negotiate, i have a midfield center who is like the new paul scholes/javier pastore (hes french though) hell be worth easy over 30m in afew seasons but he wants his release clause to be 4.5m??? like srsly wtf??? i cant even make it higher like 40m+ and this is with the whole team, they all want release clauses of under 5m =\ its ruining the game for me atm.

this used to frustrate me...

but remember, the AI will never bid for your player above their value and very rarely at it...and generally, they want a min release clause of around their value...so...the AI never put in a bid that would trigger the clause :thup:

however, hopefully it will be addressed in .3

See I have had the opposite experience, most bids for my players are well over there value and 2 have activated the clauses...

Flamers

you are one of the lucky ones then! :p

i don't want to go too off topic and repeat what's been said in countless threads but i very rarely get offers for or above my players value...

therefore i have never had a clause triggered! so i guess i'm lucky in my own way! :p

Increase the agent fee as much as you can. They will accept usually a larger min release fee than they proposed initially.

I've always managed to increase the fee up to what i want by increasing the agents fee and sometimes the players fee and players wages.

What? I just managed to sell I striker valued at £450k, brought for £170k a year before, for £1m..

Flamers

Oh so that's the news we should be waiting for in the other thread Flamers. :p

Why not set your asking price to $0...then maybe they won't go over that amount. :)

this used to frustrate me...

but remember, the AI will never bid for your player above their value and very rarely at it...and generally, they want a min release clause of around their value...so...the AI never put in a bid that would trigger the clause :thup:

That's really not my experience.

Oh so that's the news we should be waiting for in the other thread Flamers. :p

Why not set your asking price to $0...then maybe they won't go over that amount. :)

You saw nothing ;)

But yer, the chairman did it. I woudl have tried to get a bit more but oh well. Oh and even bigger news coming soon :p You need to add me on Steam...

Flamers

Archived