Cesare Natali

I signed Natali on a free transfer when I was in League 1 and he was easily my best defender despite being 34 years old. I'm now in the Championship he is 35 but has scored 6 goals in 18 appearances and has an average rating of 7.56 not bad for a 35 yo centre back. How has a player who's this good at his age never played for Italy in his career, he has to be the best signing of an old player i've made and i have the likes of Vicente, Postiga and Saviola in my side. Anybody else had a older player turn out brilliantly for them i had Enrico Chiesa as a 37yo super sub who scored about 30 goals in a season in league 2 before and David Beckham won Premier League Player of the Year when he resigned for my Man U team in fm10.

Because to play for Italy a player needed - especially in the period when Lippi was the manager - to have an agent who is friend of somebody ... belonging to ... some club ... and no other. Having Natali played mainly with Udinese and Torino he had almost no chance. That's Italy! Rescue us!!!!!!!!!

Archived