Regarding fake player games

I just started a fake player game (FM2008) with the Russian leagues loaded and the premier division from Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Here's the deal:

It seems to me that way too many players have great jumping and lousy heading. Especially strikers. I have one in my squad with Jumping 20 and Heading 6. Have anybody else seen this in fake player games?

not really sure how fake player games work but my guess would be that technically they are all regens and people have been saying that the regen quality is very poor on the game so this would explain the poor attributes but not that they are all for heading.

Originally posted by snugglecakes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have one in my squad with Jumping 20 and Heading 6. Have anybody else seen this in fake player games?

Not in fake player games, but it might as well be Peter Crouch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for putting that image into my head icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Actually that reminds me of something: Most of these players with high Jumping and low Heading aren't very tall, they're only around 182 cm. IMO there should be little chance of players smaller than about 188 cm to have high Jumping.

Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snugglecakes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have one in my squad with Jumping 20 and Heading 6. Have anybody else seen this in fake player games?

Not in fake player games, but it might as well be Peter Crouch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that reminds me of something: Most of these players with high Jumping and low Heading aren't very tall, they're only around 182 cm. IMO there should be little chance of players smaller than about 188 cm to have high Jumping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? I'm 182cm and when I played regularly could outjump pretty much anyone I played against.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snugglecakes:

Actually that reminds me of something: Most of these players with high Jumping and low Heading aren't very tall, they're only around 182 cm. IMO there should be little chance of players smaller than about 188 cm to have high Jumping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? I'm 182cm and when I played regularly could outjump pretty much anyone I played against. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same, and I'm not even that tall. It was always a shock to the black guys at basketball camps when they saw a short white boy that could jump as high as they could and actually run with them. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

Why? I'm 182cm and when I played regularly could outjump pretty much anyone I played against. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But could you also outjump world class players who are 2 metres tall? Because that's the kind of players that would have a 20 for Jumping.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

But could you also outjump world class players who are 2 metres tall? Because that's the kind of players that would have a 20 for Jumping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but worldclass players 182cm tall also have a chance of jumping as high as worldclass players of about 188cm, if you follow the argument through.

Some very tall players barely get off the ground.

clearly you are dishonest as well as short. Small people are not good at sport because they dont have the apropriate physique.

you would however be well suited to hobbies like caving where you smallness will be a help rather than a hindrance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

But could you also outjump world class players who are 2 metres tall? Because that's the kind of players that would have a 20 for Jumping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but worldclass players 182cm tall also have a chance of jumping as high as worldclass players of about 188cm, if you follow the argument through.

Some very tall players barely get off the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe because they don't need to? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not saying that players shorter than 188 cm shouldn't have high Jumping. I meant that players who are around 182 cm or shorter should have little chance of having 20 for Jumping. 16 or 17 would be alright. 20 should be reserved for the likes of Jan Koller.

I'm not saying that players shorter than 188 cm shouldn't have high Jumping

Fair enough, but that was exactly what someone above was saying, which I was disagreeing with.

clearly you are dishonest as well as short. Small people are not good at sport because they dont have the apropriate physique.

Troll. Or American. Not sure which.

Very Big Thighs?

Jumping is how high your head goes not how high your feet go. So unless you can jump 18cm plus Koller/Zigic's jump (which are both very good leaps), you don't deserve 20.

Originally posted by SCIAG:

Jumping is how high your head goes not how high your feet go. So unless you can jump 18cm plus Koller/Zigic's jump (which are both very good leaps), you don't deserve 20. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Yesterday I started another fake player game and found a 171 cm striker with Jumping 20.

I'd rather see height actually making a difference in the game.

Jumping can be for how good jumpers the players are and heading for how good they are at heading. So someone who is 177 can jump higher than someone at 201 without beating him to the ball.

MY Understanding of fake player games is that they just rename exsisting players, they are not regens.

for instance you will find a brazilian AMC at AC Milan, a World Class Portugesse winger at Man Utd and an England International striker at Newcastle. They wont be called Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Owen, but you should be able to tell who is who

I think it's obvious to everyone here tom leeburn hasn't a clue about football because messi,overmars,jorge campos,sneijder and robinho to name a few are all crap yeah ok.

One thing springs to mind iq of a coco pop.

Originally posted by Tom Leeburn:

Did you just say Short people are bad at sports?? You cant make a statment like that without backup evidance..

Please look at the following football players and tell me how did their height effect their football?

Wayne Rooney: height= 5.10FT - 1.78M

Michel Owen: height= 5.8FT - 1.72M

Romario: height= 5.6FT - 1.67M

Pele: height= 5 ft 6.5 in (169 cm)

Maradona: height= 5.5FT - 1.65M

Messi: height= 5.7FT - 1.69M

Aimar: height= 5.7FT - 1.70M

Roberto Carlos: Height= 5.6FT - 1.68M

Deco: Height= 5.8FT - 1.74M

And clearly these players are and were some of the best players in the world..

Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

MY Understanding of fake player games is that they just rename exsisting players, they are not regens.

for instance you will find a brazilian AMC at AC Milan, a World Class Portugesse winger at Man Utd and an England International striker at Newcastle. They wont be called Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Owen, but you should be able to tell who is who

I know this, but some players' age and/or CA change (but their PA seems not to so if a great player turns into a youngster he'll still have great PA). But I've started 3 fake player games and taken over the same team in all 3, and in all 3 a player named Predrag Sikimic IRL turned into a Russian with high Jumping, even though he only has 11 or 12 for Jumping in the editor. And in the editor he's 188 cm, but in all 3 games he has been smaller than that.

I just started a fake player game (FM2008) with the Russian leagues loaded and the premier division from Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Here's the deal:

It seems to me that way too many players have great jumping and lousy heading. Especially strikers. I have one in my squad with Jumping 20 and Heading 6. Have anybody else seen this in fake player games?

May be the leagues you've loaded possibly? They rely on physical stats more than technical so will have good jumping but RUBBISH heading

Originally posted by SCIAG:

Jumping is how high your head goes not how high your feet go. So unless you can jump 18cm plus Koller/Zigic's jump (which are both very good leaps), you don't deserve 20. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Koller and Zigic deserve their own special PPM or something though, even compared to other excellent jumpers. "is a giant" PPM would be good :p

Archived