Has anyone not actually finished a full season yet and become bored of FM

For the last 3 years i was playing FM excessively. Night and day when possible and i loved it.

However with FM2011 ive not even managed to play a full season yet. I was really looking forward to managing Spurs again this year especially with us in the Champions League but this year ive just lost all interest in the game.

I bought the game the day it came out and so far im only into February 2011.

I admit i did buy a PS3 at christmas and have become addicted to Gran Turismo 5 but i dont feel the need to ever go back to FM

So anyone else become bored of the game.

I haven't become bored of the game. I love it :D. I do go through spells where I won't play as much but that is because I can't find a team I like. I had a few weeks without playing and the other day I started a new game and I'm on the game whenever I can be.

I often find looking at other sub-forums on the SI forums often gets me wanting to play again. If you are ever struggling to start a new game or play a game. Have a look in the other sub-forums. The Challenges, Sign-Ups and Experiments forum is often and good place to go. There are good and exciting challenges in there which may interest you for a number of reasons. There is the Good Player & Team Guide forum. In there, there will be threads which have information and help guides for different teams and leagues. You can post in those threads how you're getting on with team x and what players have done well etc etc. There is also the FM Career Updates forum as well. Many users post updates from how their career is going. They are all good reads. This the FMCU HQ, in there, there is all of the most recent career threads and threads which may be of use to you, if you ever visit there :thup:.

When a new version is out, start a new game and stick to that save. Enjoy the honeymoon period and never once think of restarting. Once you do that, the honeymoon is over and everything will feel like a re-run. The more you restart, the more easy it is to get bored.

It took me a while to get into 2011 as well. I got it for my birthday in November, but didn't really start playing until December, and even then it took me a while to really get drawn in. I was also playing other (slightly more mindless) games like you were, and simply wasn't in the mood for a game like FM that requires you to invest a lot of time and effort.

But the series is definitely one of those where after an extended break you feel like coming back to it. You just have to be in the right frame of mind, and it doesn't sound like you are at the moment. I also find that things like the World Cup are likely to fuel my desire to play FM again.

I've done about 30 seasons over 5 different saves. :o

same happened to me palyed the **** outta the last few of the FMs but I couldnt get myself into this one until I broke my leg Im after goin bout 15 seasons in now and Im lovin it again

I broke my leg in 2007 and played FM pretty much non-stop all Summer long :p

Crazy thing is though ive been performing really well with Spurs. Unbeaten into Feb 2011 and flying high with Dzeko and Dos Santos up front. A partnership that i stumbled across after Defoe was letting me down.

Yet i still dont feel the need to get back into it.

Damn Gran Turismo has taken over my life.

I'm not feeling FM11 at all at the moment and can't wait for the 11.3 patch. Checking back on Steam I played FM09 for 245 hours, FM10 for 349 hours and I've only played FM11 for 48 hours. I'm yet to finish a season having started three times already. My first start was ruined by my key player constantly having poor morale due to comments from opposition managers - so when the patch came out that fixed that bug I restarted. Since then it's all just felt a bit "samey".

I'm off work for the next week so I may give it another go - but patch 11.3 being out would have seen me dedicate some serious time to playing this game - as it is I'm not sure that I'll bother buying another version and may just revert back to FM10. For what it's worth, I don't make these comments lightly as I've bought every version since the first ever CM back when we didn't even have real players!!!

Me too! I always stop playing in January or February.

I hope the new patch arrives soon. Yesterday was already late...

For the last 3 years i was playing FM excessively. Night and day when possible and i loved it.

However with FM2011 ive not even managed to play a full season yet. I was really looking forward to managing Spurs again this year especially with us in the Champions League but this year ive just lost all interest in the game.

I bought the game the day it came out and so far im only into February 2011.

I admit i did buy a PS3 at christmas and have become addicted to Gran Turismo 5 but i dont feel the need to ever go back to FM

So anyone else become bored of the game.

I had a dream team in FM2010 as Newcastle with Snijeder, Robben and others and want to try to repeat in 2011 :D. So far still enjoying 2011 and just get to Qtr finals but lost in Barca so I'm not bored. FM2011 seems more of a challange and I enjoy it more so still playing it.

Why are certain people moaning even more about this years Football Manager????

We all know there's always going to be glitches and problem here and there, but we also know that the game gets better every year.

I've lost count of how many season's I have completed since I got FM11 on it's day of release...I play it as much as I can each and everyday, and more importantly...I never get bored of it.

FM 4 EVER!!!!

I've actually played FM2011 for 473 hours according to Steam, and I've still not played past the first season. I've tried so hard to get into this game like I did with previous versions but this time it's just meh... Can't be bothered.

Really hoping that the 2.11.03 patch will make the difference so that I can enjoy the game again.

I can't say what it is about it that makes me grow bored after half a season. It's not that I've done bad either. In most of my games I've been top of the league when I get bored. I've tried League 1, The Championship, Premier League, managing my favourite team (Man Utd). In short I've tried everything, but I just don't get hooked like I used to.

Started a new game with Leicester now. Hopefully this will be the game that does it for me.

Why are certain people moaning even more about this years Football Manager????

We all know there's always going to be glitches and problem here and there, but we also know that the game gets better every year.

I've lost count of how many season's I have completed since I got FM11 on it's day of release...I play it as much as I can each and everyday, and more importantly...I never get bored of it.

FM 4 EVER!!!!

Imo, it hasn't though. That's why I'm still playing FM10.

Archived