What Is Your Longest Ever Spell At A Club?

pret

I've just reached my 500th game in management, at the same club, working out at 3472 days, and this is by far the longest amount of time I've ever spent at one club.

So I'm wondering, how long have you ever managed at the same club?

The longest i've been at a club is about two and a half seasons with Forfar Athletic. Not because i jump ship regularly, i just play the game that slowly.

I've not bought FM11 and don't think i'll buy FM12 either, just so i can stick my current save out and have a long term stint at a club.

Think I had 15 seasons with Man U back in 01/02, but going to beat that in FM11 with the same team. In my 4th consecutive season now, but gimme a few months..

Club hopping is just not for me, I've not done it once in any FM/CM game. I like to take 1 club and go with them forever and create a monster.

I spent 21 seasons at Badajoz back in CM97/98. ;)

I got relegated in my first season, kept my job in the Segunda Division. I then decided to just buy players under 19 years old. I ended up getting a team full of talented 17 year olds that were incidentally awesome regens of retired stars.

21 years later, a realistic 2 La Liga wins, 1 Cup Winners Cup and 1 Copa Del Rey.

I would have won more, but I was always 1-2 points short of top clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid. :rolleyes:

One question - you boys who've played FM11 on one save for like 30+ years... I play for about 7 hours a week, have one save until April 2014 and another sitll on 2010. Im know im a slow player but howay?

Number of reasons,

Some people have faster computers, therefore process thing much quicker

Some people run things through quickly, i.e. don't edit training schedules, only watch key highlights on the fastest setting

You might have more leagues than most people, i.e. running league from abroad, therefore more fixtures to process.

My longest save was 26 seasons with Liverpool in FM2008. My objective in FM has always been to amass around 24 of the best upcoming youth players in my first 3-4 seasons. I use Genie scout for this, (I know, cheating I hear you say) but I like to do a Fergie except with Liverpool and take these young stars all the way through the various stages of their careers until they retire or whatever. It took me the three years from January 2008 until January 2011 to do this as I play for an average of 2-3 hrs a day and watch all my games in full so mostly one or two games a day. I never bought FM2009 and 10 as my old PC's graphics weren't powerful enough to run the 3D gameplay so I just played my FM2008 save until I built this new PC for Xmas last year and my wife very kindly bought me a copy of FM2011 for my birthday in January. I am now coming to the end of my first season in FM2011 with the 11.2.1 patch and have just won the league at Anfield beating Man Utd 3-0 with two games still to play, also won the League Cup, got knocked out of the FA Cup by Spurs in the semi but have a EURO Cup final against Porto to look forward to yet. Love the 3D gameplay and the changes to the game and match engine since FM2008. It was a nice surprise to find that my successful tactical approach to the FM series (I have played since CM01/02) is still valid in the latest version. It didn't take very long to adjust to the new things and the match engine strategies etc make it very easy to have a personalised tactical approach. Watching the games in full on TV view in 3D is just brilliant to the extent that when the wife asked if I would be watching the Bolton Everton game on the telly the other night I said I would pass as I had an important EURO cup quarter final first leg v Palermo to play, sad but true.

On FM07 I managed Lyon for 37 years, before my balance reached $4 Billion and I was suddenly $4 Billion in debt, and all my players were sold for real cheap by the board. I still have the save, and one from right before the $ turn-around happens, but I don't know of anyway to stop it from happening. It's pretty disheartening, and I can't for the life of me continue, and lose every player I raised and grew into world beaters...

Would be an interesting challenge to get all that money back and try and keep winning everything

10-15 years or so at Inter Milan in CM97/98

9 seasons at Rosenborg in FM09 and FM10, usually I quit when the new version of the game is released, or when I just can't be bothered to play anymore due to winning too much ;)

On FM07 I managed Lyon for 37 years, before my balance reached $4 Billion and I was suddenly $4 Billion in debt, and all my players were sold for real cheap by the board. I still have the save, and one from right before the $ turn-around happens, but I don't know of anyway to stop it from happening. It's pretty disheartening, and I can't for the life of me continue, and lose every player I raised and grew into world beaters...

Would be an interesting challenge to get all that money back and try and keep winning everything

I expect it's thing where the amount of money you have is stored in so many bits, then when it reaches 111111.... it wraps around and becomes 000000.

On the Championship managers i had loads, on CM01-02 i was at Burnley for about 45 seasons.

But i don't normally stay at clubs long on the more complicated FM's, i usually get restless & bored and move on after about 6-7 seasons at one club.

But on FM10 i stayed at Bournemouth for 14 years, and i'm still there now although i have not played on it since FM11 came out.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2885/44527753.jpg

43714403.jpg

Archived