Fmrte - argh!

<rant>

Seriously, I've only just found out about FMRTE - Football Manager Real Time Editor, from these forums.

I don't get how people can use it? It kinda defeats the point, no?

Also, if you're gonna use it, fair enough. But when there's so many suggestions to others to use it when they've got a genuine problem they want help with, it's just ridiculous

</rant>

actually i use it to cover the game's mistakes that si will never correct ... such as cann't sign u18 players from any country outside europe , which is not correct ... also the player naming (for newgens) is very annoying , and very unaccurate especially in mixed culture nations as france .

<rant>

Seriously, I've only just found out about FMRTE - Football Manager Real Time Editor, from these forums.

Also, if you're gonna use it, fair enough. But when there's so many suggestions to others to use it when they've got a genuine problem they want help with, it's just ridiculous

</rant>

and your point is? :confused:

<rant>

</rant>

Mindless rant, if you don't like it don't use it. I don't use it but don't critise other people for choosing to.

It's more that fact, when I read posts when someone's asking for advice and the reply they get is, "FMRTE ;)"

What's your point? Sometimes that's a perfectly reasonable suggestion for correcting bugs.

If someone says " My team aren't very good, how do I improve?" then "FMRTE" is a stupid answer, but it's perfectly appropriate if someone says "My player went on loan last season ,and now is stuck in the other team's squad, even though his loan contract expired - what do I do to fix it?" or "I accidentaly told my player to learn the wrong PPM - how do I undo this?" or a million other questions.

But I see that as cheating. They have research teams to determine CA/PA not your your opinion.

Research teams base their CA/PA on his performances for the past 2-3 years and the reputation of the league he's in. FMRTE can be used a good valid update every 2-3 years for players that have continuous good performances but due to the limited CA/PA system, you could feel validated by improving it.

Feel free to complain, but FMRTE itself isn't a cheat, its how you use it. Some people abuse it, other people update kits and can affect the game in a positive way.

IF FMRTE fixes certain problems the game is incapable of fixing on its own or you are impatient for the new Patch, it is CERTAINLY a valid quick fix. Its up to you if you choose to change anything else.

As others have said, FMRTE isn't just a "cheating" tool. It can also be used to maintain a realistic database. I use it to add talented Asian/African prospects to random European teams.

It can also be used for renaming players, but I generally just edit the fake.lnc file since FMRTE has some crazy bugs concerning renamed players.

agree with the majority, people can do what they want with their game.

I dont use it and would be happy if SI/SEGA found a way to auto corrupt any game that used it, but thats silly as there are legitimate reasons people use it like kits etc.

Looking at CA/PA etc and editing it to me is cheating as, although Im sure alot of people are not using the team i currently research, it kind of makes a large part of the time i spent wasted :p

when i said i update ca and pa its normally for players of other teams that are underrated or overrated i like a realistic game based on how i see it, how can you cheat on fm anyway you could have all the best players in the world and still lose!

i know but thats the same thing as I was saying, that 'other' team has been researched by someone etc

again, people can do what they like with their game!

Archived