Building a new Stadium - Whats happening with the planning??

Never built a stadium in FM11 before but I got a new chairman this season, I ask him for a new stadium and he agrees.

My overview looks like this

overviewt.png

I got this message at the end of the season

supportwf.png

I check my overview and the planning is gone back 3 years! :mad:

overview1.png

On the 22.12.2021, the new start date which is 6 months before he withdraws his financial backing, I dont remember anything of note happening along the lines of news on the new stadium.

Whats going on? I'm abit confused by all this

Never seen anything like this before. When i had a new stadium built with Juve it took 2 years, one planning and one to build it, looks like you have a wembley situation on your hands or even worse a valancia.

Looking like it but I'm not in debt and have a balance going into this season of €270m

Its got to be something to do with the chairman situation the clubs in. Hopefully you will get taken over if he doesn't want to put anything in anymore, not sure what that would do to the plans for a new stadium though.

He only took over the club during the season and his status is "Loves the club"

Says nothing about new stadium there in the first screenshot... just youth expansions.

Sorry lads, my bad, used the wrong screenshot. The correct one is up now

He may well love the club, but he just doesn't want to bankroll it anymore.

In answer to the change in timeframe, it looks like the chairman was probably going to finance most of the cost himself, and now he isn't they have had to delay it.

You're probably right but if this is the case, I'd have to say thats its badly implemented/explained in the game.

He never had to bankroll the club, I had well over €70m before he came in and one of the best squads in Europe. Currently there is the €240m, I wasnt expecting anymore investment just use whats available to build the stadium. Surely €240m will go along way to make that happen?

Also the revised start date of the planning doesnt match up with the day he pulled out of sugar daddying the club. Things arent adding up to me.

TBH, it is very confusing and if anyone from SI could reply, it be great. I'm thinking of reporting this as a bug tbh

It seems to be the same start date in both screenshots; 22/12/2021. Unless I'm missing something? So they started planning and it's only his withdrawal of financial backing which has delayed it.

I just assumed he was bankrolling the club, given the message you got in your inbox about him withdrawing financial backing. Sorry about that!

It seems to be the same start date in both screenshots; 22/12/2021. Unless I'm missing something? So they started planning and it's only his withdrawal of financial backing which has delayed it.

I just assumed he was bankrolling the club, given the message you got in your inbox about him withdrawing financial backing. Sorry about that!

You're right, I was looking at the wrong date. My bad again!

Happened to me too at Milan, even though there was no change in chairman or anything.

All of a sudden the planning stage got massively longer. I made a topic about it, and everyone told me I was an idiot and stadiums take like 10 years just to decide where to put it....

No message explaining why planning has hit a snag has to be a bug

No message explaining why planning has hit a snag has to be a bug

I kind of hope it is a bug that you didn't receive any notification. As if it's not in the game it will be pretty disappointing.

I would be expecting an awesome stadium for three and a half years planning tbh. Like, floating six feet off the ground awesome.

I'd say it was a more realistic timescale than the 12 months usually seen in the game. I also would imagine the planning stage includes the time to get planning permission and make any necessary changes to the original plan.

Never built a stadium in FM11 before but I got a new chairman this season, I ask him for a new stadium and he agrees.

My overview looks like this

overviewt.png

I got this message at the end of the season

supportwf.png

I check my overview and the planning is gone back 3 years! :mad:

overview1.png

On the 22.12.2021, the new start date which is 6 months before he withdraws his financial backing, I dont remember anything of note happening along the lines of news on the new stadium.

Whats going on? I'm abit confused by all this

I wouldnt worry, this happened with me, at the end of next season it will get fixed up and instead of it finishing June 2025, you will get a news report in your inbox at the end of teh next season saying it will be completed June 2024.

So it will be brought forward a year at the end of the next season.

I wouldnt worry, this happened with me, at the end of next season it will get fixed up and instead of it finishing June 2025, you will get a news report in your inbox at the end of teh next season saying it will be completed June 2024.

So it will be brought forward a year at the end of the next season.

I hope you are right mate but you are left in the dark with whats happening, i think you should be better informed, and I'm waiting on a response in the bugs forum

How are you making so much money at Celtic? In my game im spending a fair bit less on wages, and i have no where near the amount of money you have.

New owner injected €173m into the club this season. I was just after renegotiated alot of contracts, wasnt always paying out that much on wages. Also I've not spent much on players in recent years because of my youth system

• 2 weeks later...
You obviously hired the same guys who worked on Wembley

At least Wembley got built in the end!

I holidayed up to the end of the season, not bothered playing the save anymore, and nothing happened, not even a message saying anything. I have to apply and start the whole process again.

What a waste of time and electricity :mad:

Archived