I used be addicted

Same here. I don't know what it is about 09 and 10 but since then it has started to lose me addiction-wise.

Since 09 I have started to feel it doesnt matter about tactics and players so much, its all just moral and team talks and stuff. Maybe thats what it is.

Or maybe its since the 2d ME game about, not sure. Theres something that stops me enjoying it so much.

Maybe I'm just growinhg up and getting to old now, but I doubt it.

I haven't been able to get into them properly for a while for some reason. Still buy them though but I doubt I'll buy FM12. I'm 21 in a couple of months and perhaps I've just grown up a bit? My priorities have certainly changed.

The match engine is the thing that annoys me the most. Watching the players on there is so infuriating. They do some of the most stupid things that a player would never do. My main gripe is when a defender is chasing a ball over the top, a striker is bearing down on him at pace...all it needs is heading back to the keeper but for some reason it appears the defender just jumps in the air and then stops as he returns to the ground leaving the striker to have a one on one. Very bizarre.

I still play this version just as much, but I don't feel as connected to it. I feel as though I am watching a simulated soccer world happen around me rather than the personal connection I used to have to my club and my players.

I think there are many reaosns for this, the biggest are the backroom advice features where the game will basically present you with players you should be signing now. (I don't need to go find them) Also the overly complex nature of the game now makes it less user friendly. It has evolved and added good features but I think they traded the fun factor for the added depth and realism.

i do loose control, but was playing 3 times a week and couching the other 4 days so dident get time, now im injured and retired from playing and in a long term relationship, i get a bit more time, usually why shes showering and watching eastenders, but i still have spells of about 3 weeks flat out cant get enough then a month of not wanting to touch it

CM03/04 - I played for about 8 seasons and made ~2012

every one since - Played for about a season before getting bored

FM10 - Made 2019 before FM11s release

FM11 - has made three years, but cba to pick it back up again (will 11.3 help, with impending uni?)

I still play this version just as much, but I don't feel as connected to it. I feel as though I am watching a simulated soccer world happen around me rather than the personal connection I used to have to my club and my players.

I think there are many reaosns for this, the biggest are the backroom advice features where the game will basically present you with players you should be signing now. (I don't need to go find them) Also the overly complex nature of the game now makes it less user friendly. It has evolved and added good features but I think they traded the fun factor for the added depth and realism.

I feel exactly the same as you. I've actually played FM11 more than any other FM, but I don't really feel as immersed as I did with say, FM09. There's more of a sense I'm playing a simulation, rather than me being a football manager.

hated 09. Loved 10, 11 I want to love but I just cant get the tactics working properly, and I find it insanely frustrating, the game jus doesn't play how I want it to, and I preferred 10 where I could tweak tactics with no penalty.

Archived