Coming from FM10, what new features/options do I need to know for FM11?

I've just installed FM 2011, to begin to get used to it before the patch comes out in a couple of weeks, after which I'll start my long-term save. Is there anything I should know about the new features or options, which make managing the team different in this new version of the game? Are there features that were in FM10 that I now have to access a different way in FM11?

Thanks!

The first thing I would suggest that you do is install the patch that is currently available because we dont know when the next one will be available although it shouldn't be too long.

They've introduced a few new features such as agents that demand stupid amounts of money when signing a player and just to make the game more challenging they've made crossing and long shots near useless and have improved on making the finishing of strikers worse than the previous editions

Personally, I'd play a game in a lower league (not BSN/BSS level, but like League 1) to get used to the match engine a bit, and some of the new features. At the top levels, you will run into issues with agent's fees and some niggling transfer quirks that might frustrate you (not being able to drop some dead wood), or get you used to something that I think is going to be fixed (picking up top class players for low to no fees).

Archived