Take your time SI...!

One of the big plusses of FM for me is the level of detail. So many players to pick from. Think Augustus in Mr Wonka's chocolate factory. I haven't started a game proper yet. But FM hasn't been idle pending patch 3. The benefit of waiting for patch 3 lies in the detail of the game. It has given me time to get focused on what, for me, is one of the most enjoyalbe parts of the game - discovering a great unknown - being the Columbus of Football Management. Making the most of the detail.

Managing a Championship club offers scope to find a broad range of players who can compete at that level, and maybe excel or go on and become good Premiership players. No spoilers like knowing PA or CA, or wizards or genie scouts. In anticipation of patch 3, I've loaded various/plenty of leagues with the attributes of the players being displayed. (there has to be some give and take). I pottered through many teams and have compiled a short-list, - a long short-list. 10-30 mins here and there since even before patch 2 came out. Potential targets from Britain, the Americas and teams across Europe. Some may not come, some may not get permits, but all, on the face of it, appear to be reasonable targets for a Championship team aiming for promotion. Most are "unknown". So when the patch is released I'll begin my game and enjoy the fruits of my research. I'll load a few leagues and begin from there, and hopefully find time to enjoy FM11. For like minded people, there was a good "unknown players" thread in the Good Players and Team guide for FM10.

Admittedly I'm in the "no point in starting till patch 3 comes out" camp - but there is plenty of enjoyment you can get if you like to do comprehensive "scouting" pre patch 3 and be armed with that detail as soon as patch 3 arrives.

Marketing Bloke has hinted the patch won't be released this week. Maybe a bit more scouting over the next few days then. Take your time SI..............! I think I'd like to scout Scandinavia before I begin proper.

To Lazaru5 - I don't think so. I don't know any PA or CA or such. I see it more as delving into the detail the game offers. Some players look ordinary and yet have top teams after them. Some look pretty good and have no teams after them. It's about exploring the game's detail more than anything else.

Try some of my style of scouting. It can be theraputic especially when you find a promising and very cheap young midfielder labelled "the new Dunga" or such like.

i do that every single season, im known over in the liverpool thread in GP&TG for my scouting finds although i must admit my management ability is second to everyone :D if this was football scout 2011 i would be untouchable ;)

Archived