Wonderkids "2016"

hey

im in 2016-17 season with newcastle and have a great team however i want to know how to find wonderkids or the next big thing ive never got this far in the game before and i know players like kaka ronaldo gerrard etc are all retiring so where should i look next i have players like Wilshere Rodwell Areola Butland Babacar A Johnson Pastore Jones who were good youngsters but are older now so where should i look for the next messi/ronaldo etc?

thanks

I usually search the international youth teams and poach a few youngsters each year. Take a look at the U17 internationals or do a player search for youngsters and see what you find. I always liked this aspect of the game, uncovering and finding the gems yourself.

I wouldn't recommend using FMRTE. You will soon lose interest in your save after using it.

Agreed. I only use it to test ideas out, see what would happen if this and that value were changed. never on a full save though.

international youth teams.

i look at everyone under 18 (which sounds rather wrong tbh) and scout them all unless they look really rubbish.

also send your scouts everywhere. get the best scouts you can and send them to different countries (works better than regional scouting imo)

agents recommendations sometimes bring up a few real gems

Send the scouts off on their travels (as said above certain parts of the world the young talent can come cheap - although there can be work permit issues, so it's worth keeping one or two covering bits of Europe too) and set the age filter to younger than whatever you're limiting yourself to. Also keep an eye on the U21/U19 Internationals and any players who consistently put in a good shift in those matches, or check the stats at the end of a youth international tournament for top scorers/assists/rating etc.

hit up Fiorentina - they have shocking youth facilites but have churned out the next Buffon, Gilardino and a great DC (all before August 3rd season)

edit: it's also worth checking out Southern Africa for regens, most of them are naff and wouldn't get a game for my local pub team... but some are just godly and come for a VERY cheap price (under 100k for most)

Archived