Help with Ligue 1

I want to play in french Ligue 1 and need help to decide what team I shoud manage. I dont want to play a top team. I want to manage a midtable/lower team that has a potencial to qualify for europa league after 1. season if I do a good job.

I like Sochaux a lot, but they have very many talented players + exelent youth facilities so I feel it can be too easy, but I dont know. Sochaux reminds me a lot of Arsenal, just not at the same level... yet.

Than there is Lorient that has 2-3 great talents, but the stracture of the club and the training facilities are poor. Is it possible to keep Gameiro and build a team around him?

Any other suggestions?

ever look at caen? they have an amazing youngster that everyone comes in for (can't remember his name) and when i played with them i managed to do the double over lyon and marseille.....lost against the crapper teams though which was disappointing and frustrating but the young striker is extremely good if you keep him fit

Rennais - They look like a good team to try with.

Media prediction 8th

No Continental Competitions

State of the Art youth system.

Difficulties are you get £7M to spend but you're already at your wage limit and there are a few potential first team players on the last year of their contracts

Thx everyone for reply. Most of the teams suggested here are very good and not what Im looking for. I ended up with Montpellier since they have least talent between the teams I was checking and they have little money to spend on new players (actuelly its 0, but you can arrange the wage budget and get around £2M).

Im going to play this game under LLM guidence so it wil be fun (exept I dont start in the lowest league).

Archived