Rustiness

Being at the level i am, most of my summer signings have been players released from bigger clubs because they're not good enough - particularly younger guys. Because of this these players may not have featured so regularly in the past season.

A typical example is one guy i took from Ajax, a 21-year-old full back who made just 2 appearances last season which were in cup competitions. He might have played games for "Ajax 2", i don't know about that and can't find out. Another example is a guy who began the game a free agent after being released by Napoli, so didn't play any football at all last season (and probably not a lot before that either, though this would be before the start of my save).

With all but one of my new additions being like this, i'm wondering how much could it affect their ability to settle into some good form at their new club? How much, if at all, does the game factor into account possible rustiness from not playing much over a season?

I think taking into consideration a few things, the first being the level that you are playing at.

I presume that if you are picking these guys up on a free, you are both a: down a couple of leagues and b: tight for funds.

Given that they were released by their clubs , meaning they don't quite cut it, at your level it may be a different story.

If anything, it may give them a chance to shine as they are probably above average for what you currently have.

So in turn their confidence would increase and good form ensues.

The fact they have had little to no football won't make too much of a difference, if your scouts and ass man said they are the biz, then thats its.

Where difficulties would arise, with the settling in to a new club and personality differences making it harder for them to fit in.

Slam up the match prep on team blend and leave it no matter how long it takes ;)

cheers

oh. . . Mr Death... is there an after-life?

Archived