Form v Ability

Before the season started my best ability ST became injured for a few months.

His replacement's stats, attributes and ability are unquestionably lesser than the first choice.

However the replacement has scored 11 goals in 19.

2 and half months later the first choice ST is fully fit.

Should I drop the inform ST?

I would say no, not until his goal scoring dries up. Strikers are there to score goals, if he's doing that for you, why care if some numbers on an attribute list are a bit low? He may even be a better long term fit into your team and tactics than the "better" striker.

Strikers drop in and out of form fairly often, so keep them both happy if you can, but I'd say go for form over ability.

Yes, I agree with silten, if a player is performing well, why would you want to remove him? form over ability.

In my current save, I have two strikers, one has better attributes, but over the past two seasons the one with the lesser attributes has consistently performed far above the better rated one.

Always go for form. Pick players by ability first, and then if a slot opens, play a lesser/young player. If they play well, keep em in. hell they're doing nothing wrong! Then when form dips, swap them again!

My issue mainly comes when a big match comes up, and I'm worried that they may not be good enough to keep their form up...

Archived