I really hate this game at times!!!!!

My West Ham side's last four games gave a 4-1 win at Fulham, 2-1 win at home to Man Utd, 3-1 win at home to Chelsea and a 6-1 home win v Spurs so we visited Sunderland in good spirits. 40 minutes gone and we are 3 down and two players are playing so bad and are so exhausted I make two subs. Obinna then makes it 3-1. Second half starts and Barerra gets injured so on comes a sub and we go attacking. Obinna makes it 3-2 on 70 minutes but suddenly both Obinna and Cole get injured so I am down to 9 men and have used all subs. Playing 4-4-2 so all I can do with no strikers on the pitch is push Parker and Noble into the AM slots. Parker breaks through on 87 minutes and slips the ball to Juan who blasts home. 3-3!!! The clocks running down and on 93 of the 94 minutes Sunderland score a blatantly offside goal to win 4-3. I am sitting here taking slow deep breaths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a rant just thought I would share the frustrations of football whether FM or real life!!! Bizarrely I just drew away 0-0 to Liverpool in the next game and missed a penalty!! Jaun with a penalty stat of 15 has missed all 4 he has taken this season. Are you better having a bad penalty stat with good composure rather than a good penalty stat with poor composure?! Grrrr!!

I know exactly what the OP is talking about. Sometimes I feel like looking for something to throw in frustration (or to maybe kick a football boot at someone :p) when results don't go my way as in a BAD way. I can accept a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat against a good team or a far superior team but the result I had go against me in my last match just done my head in that I sometimes wanna blame everything appart from my players and tactics and that the "game is fixed" but once I calm down (or TRY to calm down at least) and start thinking rationally I know that it was obviously my tactics and players. I go on after the match to have Privare Chats with the players who performed badly to say basically that they need to buck up AND I also issue them with warnings about the way they played (which they all accepted). I will see how they start playing in the next few matches but I was so annoyed with it all. I know it happens in real life as well obviously and when it happens to the team you support it's just as infuriating. Just like the Arsenal result against Newcastle a couple of weeks ago like an earlier post mentioned.

It's amazing how you can go from a series of good results and wins to suddenly losing and then trying to get out of the losing streak can be a nightmare cos it will affect players morale and playing attitudes. Even with some of the flaws the game has I think it's good (or bad?!) how it can replicate what can and does happen in real games.

Just happened again, down to 9 men because of injuries. This time all 3 subs were used for injuries and another two had to come off. Far too many in match injuries in this game.

There's no injury problem in the game. I've had seasons where I hardly get any and others where I might have a season with what I feel are lots of injuries. Believe it or not, that is football. In your case it sounds extreme so do you have intensive training schedules? and are you playing players who are tired and at risk of injury?

It works both ways. I focus on remembering the good times: 2-0 up at home to Bolton, coasting the game. 89 minutes, they make it 2-1, I go defensive. Immediately off kick off, they steal the ball off me and make it 2-2. Fuming at the player, I instantly go overload. In the 95th minute (with only 3 extra minutes shown), we welly the ball into the box and win 3-2. Cue the most awkward teamtalk ever. "That was awful. But amazing. Well done. Never let it happen again."

Just remember, one day, you'll be the one stealing the good fortune.

Must confess I have had my fair share of luck. Best was 3-0 down to Man United at home in a previous game. Went full on attacking and scored 3 in the last 10 minutes. Saved the tactic but it never worked again!!!

West Ham and injuries, far far too realistic!!!!! Right I'm off to sign Jonathan Woodgate!!

This game has a much bigger capacity to make me rage and break something than any other game. Ever. More than any FPS.

For instance, one season it came down to the last game of the season. I'm 3 points ahead of Arsenal at the top of the league as Liverpool, My Goal difference is 3 more than them but they've scored more. So, last day of the season, they take a 2-goal lead within 10 minutes against Blackpool. I was dominating the game, against Blackburn, but wasted about 7 one-on-ones. The score going into half-time was still 0-0, and 2-0 at Arsenal. The scores remain that way, until in the 95th minute of injury time, a certain El-Hadji Diouf scores literally the most offside goal I have EVER seen, real-life or virtually, to hand Arsenal the title on GOALS SCORED. Not even Goal Difference. SCORED. And I got fined for criticising the ref when he was about 8 yards offside. I was so annoyed I attacked my bed with a screwdriver and punched the wall repeatedly. Bruising my hand pretty badly.

But life goes on, right? It's just a game, blah blah. There's always next season... (Though as a Liverpool fan I've grown tired of saying the words "next season".)

Archived