Raheem Sterling Database

i dont think he will be there until FM12 to be honest, he is not 16 when the season starts and they would have to input his actual date of birth which at the start of the game makes him too young to be included.

I dont know if anyone could suggest stats, has anyone really seen him play many games? You could ask in the liverpool data thread, just be careful those guys will bite your head off unless you ask very nicely and put your points across properly!

Here's some links to make you judge for yourself

http://www.offthepost.info/2011/02/video-raheem-sterling-scores-five-for-liverpool-in-fa-youth-cup/

http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2010/02/fulham-hope-to-pip-arsenal-to-sign-qprs.html

- Lightning-quick striker Sterling, who turned 15 on December 8, is an England Under-16 international.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/raheem-sterling/steckbrief/spieler_134425.html

Date of birth: 08.12.1994

Nationality: - England

Position: Striker - Wing

Foot: both

Market value: unknown

i dont think he will be there until FM12 to be honest, he is not 16 when the season starts and they would have to input his actual date of birth which at the start of the game makes him too young to be included.

I dont know if anyone could suggest stats, has anyone really seen him play many games? You could ask in the liverpool data thread, just be careful those guys will bite your head off unless you ask very nicely and put your points across properly!

He had a class game against Southend the other night. I think he play both wings or up front, and his pace is likened to Walcott, with finishing traits of Rooney.

There is a video of him on Soccer AM at QPR too

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=11935

Lots of vids

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=EQQ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=raheem+sterling+youtube&revid=1215561853&sa=X&ei=c_tbTcyyK8GGhQeJ4pCzDQ&ved=0CIsBENUCKAA#q=raheem+sterling+youtube&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=i5k&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnso&source=lnms&tbs=vid:1&ei=fvtbTb_BLZG1hAfC-83EDQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CA4Q_AUoAg&fp=f60efc51e1747c2c

Ha hes gone with liverpool team today for there europa game as hes on half term :D

Daily Mirror reports he might even get his game! http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Midfield-starlet-Raheem-Sterling-could-become-their-youngest-ever-player-at-16-years-79-days-in-Europa-League-away-leg-against-Sparta-Prague-article699251.html

But it is the Daily Mirror

Well if others post up what they think the stats should be and CA and PA.

You can weed out the messers by removing the highest and lowest numbers in the stats - then just average the numbers out for whatever stats people recommend.

That could be a good starting point.

ok then thanks i was thinking a PA of maybe -9 CA 86 what do you reckon is that reasonable

I imagine he'll be a -9, because of his ability and club.

As for CA, I'd compare with other young players at Liverpool. I don't think he's very physically developed yet, so 86 might be a bit high (physical attributes need a lot of CA), but I'm just estimating at present. Is Suso in the game at present? If so, I'd give him a similar CA to Suso.

On another note, I'm very pleased that this thread hasn't gone the way of most of this nature (declaring Sterling to be the best thing since sliced bread).

just watched a few vids on the kid and he looks decent! beware though, youtube could make you want to sign me and being super talented at 16 doesnt mean he will be a superstar at the next level!

dont worry, im not a fan of youtube videos either, but the kid is a genunie talent, granted im a liverpool fan but that doesnt change anything the kid will be brilliant.. you dont play like this with luck. http://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/02/16-year-old-sterling-in-liverpool-squad/

dont worry, im not a fan of youtube videos either, but the kid is a genunie talent, granted im a liverpool fan but that doesnt change anything the kid will be brilliant.. you dont play like this with luck. http://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/02/16-year-old-sterling-in-liverpool-squad/

yeah he does look very good...

but i have to say, my best mate at the age of 15 was, as someone said, the best thing since sliced bread (not the same type of player as this raheem guy) and got offered contracts from every prem team at 17 and played at every england youth level bar u21's...yet he never really progressed (21 now)...however he is starting to carve out a name for Yeovil at the minute!

plus ive spoken to a pro scout on youth and he said its not hard to find 'the next messi' and they pretty much find one every week...but 90% of the time they have already peaked (through lack of effort etc)

but this kid does look quite promising, lets just hope he has got his head on straight!

yeah he does look very good...

but i have to say, my best mate at the age of 15 was, as someone said, the best thing since sliced bread (not the same type of player as this raheem guy) and got offered contracts from every prem team at 17 and played at every england youth level bar u21's...yet he never really progressed (21 now)...however he is starting to carve out a name for Yeovil at the minute!

plus ive spoken to a pro scout on youth and he said its not hard to find 'the next messi' and they pretty much find one every week...but 90% of the time they have already peaked (through lack of effort etc)

but this kid does look quite promising, lets just hope he has got his head on straight!

Who is your friend?

Listen, Raheem is a brilliant player but he will not be in this FM as it is a rule not to have schoolboys in the game, he is still in Year 11, unless this rule is changed he will not be in it. Next year is a defo do and believe me Raheem will be brilliant prem player. He has been playing with people triple his age groups throught his life

Weird rule. It never used to be like that. You could have 13 year olds a few year back. I wonder why.

I think it was a new child labour law that came out in 2007 or something, that people under the age of 16 couldn't be part of something which made money commercially. Something like that, anyway.

I don't believe that can stop unofficial updates having people under 16 in them, as it's just a personal hobby thing.

Hyperbole is the best thing ever :thup:

No it is not an exaggeration it is true, he was playing for QPR U18 while he was in yr 10, four years below his age group (and scoring) and also scored on his liverpool youth debut last year and he was youngest player on the pitch at 14 and if you see his feet you will know what i'm talkig about. Five goals against Southend and I think if i am right he was the youngest on that pitch but unfortunately no Raheem Sterling on FM 11

• Administrators
No it is not an exaggeration it is true, he was playing for QPR U18 while he was in yr 10, four years below his age group (and scoring) and also scored on his liverpool youth debut last year and he was youngest player on the pitch at 14 and if you see his feet you will know what i'm talkig about. Five goals against Southend and I think if i am right he was the youngest on that pitch but unfortunately no Raheem Sterling on FM 11

It's actually two years below, Under-18s doesn't start at 18, it typically starts at 16. And it's not actually that unusual for a 14 year-old to be involved at 18s level. It's not common, per se, but I can think of half a dozen off my head who've played at that age this season for a few clubs. I could even name a couple of 13 year-olds from recent years.

It's actually two years below, Under-18s doesn't start at 18, it typically starts at 16. And it's not actually that unusual for a 14 year-old to be involved at 18s level. It's not common, per se, but I can think of half a dozen off my head who've played at that age this season for a few clubs. I could even name a couple of 13 year-olds from recent years.

No it does not mate and even if it does. Look at the top teams and their under 18s may have a few young ones to make up the numbers but Raheem is definitely doing something rather than making up the numbers. That is a really unfair comment for a guy who is in the squad for the europa league tomorrow. Last year his age group was U15 and he represented his country in the tier heir for the U16s, youngest on the pitch and easily the stand out player and I know it is two years below. I said when he first played his U18 match he was a 14 year old which is 4 years below his age group(18) and he was scoring

No it does not mate and even if it does. Look at the top teams and their under 18s may have a few young ones to make up the numbers but Raheem is definitely doing something rather than making up the numbers. That is a really unfair comment for a guy who is in the squad for the europa league tomorrow. Last year his age group was U15 and he represented his country in the tier heir for the U16s, youngest on the pitch and easily the stand out player and I know it is two years below. I said when he first played his U18 match he was a 14 year old which is 4 years below his age group(18) and he was scoring

he never said anything about him just making up the numbers, read it again.

• Administrators

- Er, yeah it does start at 16. Most certainly.

- I never said he was making up the numbers.

- I could go through the England Under-16 squad right now and tell you who's Under-15. Jordan Houghton is one off my head.

- If he was 14, the average age of players on the pitch will have been 16. Not that many 18 year-olds play Under-18 football, because scholarships start at 16 and last two years basic.

No I understand what you are saying but there is only a few players who start representing the Under 18s at the age of 14, 15 and get noticed by a major club and transferred and now Raheem is representing the Under 17s and my point about 'making up the numbers' was not that you said that but although many players are representing their clubs at an early age I think it is just to make up the numbers whereas Raheem imo is better than most academy players who are second year scholars already, it is quite obvious if you see him play. I do not know a player in Raheem's age group who is representing a major top 6 club every single week, including youth cup and making as much progress.

Year 10- 14/15. Triple 14 is 42, triple 15 is 45.

• Administrators

It's far from making up the numbers, that would be counter productive. You promote these players above their age group to challenge them, to stop them dominating against their own age and not progressing. Therefore these players are up on merit.

I'll give you a perfect example to answer your final bit there, Nathaniel Chalobah at Chelsea, turned 16 in mid December, four days younger than Sterling. He plays for Chelsea's reserve team. This season he has 8 Under-18/Youth Cup appearances, with 2 goals from centre-back in the Youth Cup. He has seven reserve appearances, scoring one goal. He played 8 times last season (as a 14/15 year old), scoring twice for the youth team. He has played for the first team in pre-season (like Sterling, but more minutes I think), been on the first team bench in Carling Cup action, and captains England's Under-17s (for whom he's played since he was 14).

I don't profess him to be better than Sterling, I've not commented on Sterling's actual ability in this thread. However, I use him as an example to show that there are such players around, of which Chalobah is probably at the top of the group.

Yes good point, Chalobah is very good as well, (shame he didn't come on against Newcastle in carling cup) also being playing with people above his age group as well and yes he being playing with top chelsea players in reserves weekly, good prospects for England especially as they are still schoolboys, although Sterling is born in Jamaica and could choose to represent them but if I am right, Chalobah and Sterling are the only two schoolboys representing England U17 (shows the talent they possess).

It is amazing, and quite amusing, to see how quickly people will claim that a teenager is going to be the next big thing just because they have read his name in the papers. Does noone remember Nii Lamptey? or that english lad who went to Ajax, Sonny something? Freddy Adu? Above average teens can often look brilliant alongside their peers, but often get found out quickly once they are put in the 'big' leagues. Sterling might turn into a decent player one day, but i dont think the lack of him in this years fm is going to cause any real problems.

I imagine he'll be a -9, because of his ability and club.

As for CA, I'd compare with other young players at Liverpool. I don't think he's very physically developed yet, so 86 might be a bit high (physical attributes need a lot of CA), but I'm just estimating at present. Is Suso in the game at present? If so, I'd give him a similar CA to Suso.

On another note, I'm very pleased that this thread hasn't gone the way of most of this nature (declaring Sterling to be the best thing since sliced bread).

Isn't Wilshere's PA -9? If so, how on earth can you justify giving Sterling a -9 aswell? And besides, every researcher keeps saying "back up your statements with proofs", so I seriously don't think you should post stuff like that as a moderator. I doubt you've seen him play enough to be able to say that he's likely a -9, and Dalglish said that Sterling and four other kids would travel anyway. Shouldn't the other four be given -9 aswell?

Lastly, it was was against SOUTHEND UNDER EIGHTEENS.

Isn't Wilshere's PA -9? If so, how on earth can you justify giving Sterling a -9 aswell? And besides, every researcher keeps saying "back up your statements with proofs", so I seriously don't think you should post stuff like that as a moderator.

just because he is a moderator doesnt mean he isnt entitled to his own opinion, he just stated he would imagine he would be -9 not that he will be. i also think a -9 would be fair, -8 would be a little hard on him as he is a fantastic talent with boatloads of potential.

Isn't Wilshere's PA -9? If so, how on earth can you justify giving Sterling a -9 aswell? And besides, every researcher keeps saying "back up your statements with proofs", so I seriously don't think you should post stuff like that as a moderator.

Now we know more of Wilshere I cant see him being a -9 next year. If he gets a low end -9 its just not good enough. I'd expect him to have a fixed PA next year. So there really isnt anything wrong with giving Sterling a -9 PA.

At one point, Wilshere was relatively unknown and was given a -9. How is this any different?

It is amazing, and quite amusing, to see how quickly people will claim that a teenager is going to be the next big thing just because they have read his name in the papers. Does noone remember Nii Lamptey? or that english lad who went to Ajax, Sonny something? Freddy Adu? Above average teens can often look brilliant alongside their peers, but often get found out quickly once they are put in the 'big' leagues. Sterling might turn into a decent player one day, but i dont think the lack of him in this years fm is going to cause any real problems.

You're talking about Sonny Pike. Pike became disillusioned with the game after the manager would repeatedly laud his performance in training, then ignore him when not training due to injury, even slating him and accusing him of exaggerating/faking his injuries.

His parents got divorced and this lead to him having a mental breakdown and he quite football shortly afterwards. He continued to play non-league football under his real name Luke. He studies pychology at the University of Dundee and claims to be much happier being away from professional football.

Sonny Pike was a story because Ajax had the best youth academy in Europe and he was signed up when he was 7, making headlines.

A lot of young players get disillusioned with the professional football and subsequently quit. Sonny didn't make it not because he wasn't good enough, it was because he just got disillusioned.

Archived