More Chairman Interaction/Intelligence

...is needed.

I want to be able to say to my chairman, "Don't sell the club". Right now, we are £24m in debt. However, the season ends in 6 weeks, and we'll get a healthy cash sum for finishing in a probable 10th place. Also, I have 5 or 6 players I want to sell, which should bring in about £15m.

I have spent the transfer budget I was given, but am £200k/week under my wage budget (spending £525kw/week at moment). Its almost guaranteed that the debt will be gone over the summer.

It's Middlesbrough/Steve Gibson just to point out. I got promoted from the Championship after season 2. On May 10th or something, Gibson announced he would try to sell the club. We were £8m in debt, and literally weeks away from getting a cash boost from the Premier League. Thankfully, the takeover attempt failed.

Is he really unable to look any further into the future than about 2 weeks? I feel I need to talk to him, and talk about the financial future of the club. "I will have us in the black by September" kind of thing.

Update: New businessman took over. Said there are no plans to provide further investment, but my balance did shoot up by £18m in the "investments" field. Huh?

I want to see very rich ambitious presidents making signings over your head and telling you to play that player etc. This happens irl, but i've not seen it in the game.

ditto elections promises and signings. I havent played FM11 though so perhaps this is in? would be v good addition imo.

I want to see very rich ambitious presidents making signings over your head and telling you to play that player etc. This happens irl, but i've not seen it in the game.

ditto elections promises and signings. I havent played FM11 though so perhaps this is in? would be v good addition imo.

Sounds like a Spanish/Italian thing?

The game is made in England and as such is biased towards the set up here in many different ways.

I know that the German side of things - Head Coach and General Manager is not implemented in the way it is in real life.

Equally, I cannot recall that Spanish Presidents (chairmen) are replaced every so many years as in real life.

this used to happen in old FM's was it was a pain, i remember playing a game with my mate who was Barca manager and the chairman demanded a world class signing, he couldnt find one good enough so ignored it, a few weeks later the chairman went above his head and signed Rooney for £75m and De Rossi for £65m, put the club into receivership and they then started releasing all the huge earners except the two the chairman bought. To say he was annoyed would be an understatement!

this used to happen in old FM's was it was a pain, i remember playing a game with my mate who was Barca manager and the chairman demanded a world class signing, he couldnt find one good enough so ignored it, a few weeks later the chairman went above his head and signed Rooney for £75m and De Rossi for £65m, put the club into receivership and they then started releasing all the huge earners except the two the chairman bought. To say he was annoyed would be an understatement!

I remember this sort of thing happening... but as awkward and annoying as it was... I think I'd welcome it back. It just seems like the chairman does a lot less now, and I feel that some Chairmen (Mandaric springs to mind) would push for certain players etc. And you could go further than this with the ... erm... rakshi... takshi... Leicester's Thai Owners :p who used their power to sign Sven for us!

I certainly feel that the chairmen should have a greater influence and having players bought and sold from underneath us (coupled with the conversation aspect of 11 that I assume will be made even better for 12) would be a fantastic little piece of game ingenuity.

I hated that feature, it could backfire really badly at times. I never forget my chairman blowing all the money I'd saved on a Peruvian winger that was no better that my existing one. To make things worse, he didn't get a work permit so was completely useless to me. I had to wait until the next transfer window to sell him on at a huge loss without playing a game for the club.

I hated that feature, it could backfire really badly at times. I never forget my chairman blowing all the money I'd saved on a Peruvian winger that was no better that my existing one. To make things worse, he didn't get a work permit so was completely useless to me. I had to wait until the next transfer window to sell him on at a huge loss without playing a game for the club.

yeah it was terrible to be honest, such a pain in the ass if you were a big team.

The current chairmen are fine. Any changes would cause bugs like the one milnerpoint mentioned. Although I hate my new chairman as well. My Man Utd finally finishes paying the debt in 2017, and some French dudes decide to take over the club, throwing out Sir Bobby Charlton (the current chairman) and putting on a new loan of about 2M/month. They invest in some 300M but it just sits in the budget because I don't find anyone worth buying anyways.

Archived