Signing old guys just to tutor?

Just wondering if people sign an old player just to tutor a newgen and put him in the Reserves? The star rating on older players seem to be under rated. Saw a 2 star player have better stats than my current starter I was just wondering why his star rating is lower than him. He might be 33 but seems to be more consistent than my starter who has 4 stars.

Just wondering if people sign an old player just to tutor a newgen and put him in the Reserves? The star rating on older players seem to be under rated. Saw a 2 star player have better stats than my current starter I was just wondering why his star rating is lower than him. He might be 33 but seems to be more consistent than my starter who has 4 stars.

If you have the extra wage budget I suppose this is feasible... but all in all, I don't see many managers doing this. I certainly don't do it.

Does the old player's morale get destroyed and does it affect my team as a whole? Just won my league and let go of the majority of my Reserve team I have 200k more of wages I can play with and 8mil transfer budget. I want to know if the team's morale will be affected by this signings because once I go on a losing streak I will get canned. Wheres the loyalty?

I did this with both Brahim Hemdani and Ledley King....both were signed as tutors...yeah King still plays a few matches...but all in all he is there for tutoring and tutoring alone. Both players got very annoyed at not playing regular football and I had to talk to them on a weekly basis...so maybe not worth it if your squad morale is low or fragile.

Archived