Some questions regarding fm2011

Im thinking about getting FM11, but i have been away from the game since FM07 and have a few questions that searching have not found me proper answers for:

1) Do i need an internet connection to install the game, ie do i have to activate it? One of my machines does not have an internet connection

2) do i have to install steam to run and play the game when i buy a store bought copy? Reason is i hate steam and it seems to screw up all my games

3) Does the game have dynamic league reputation? Ive looked hard for it but im not sure its in this game

4) Is the Australian A-League still a mess?

5) Does save game size increase to rediculous levels after a couple of seasons with a few leagues loaded? In FM07, if i ran say 10 countries, my savegame size would start at 70mb and by season 3 would be 350mb+, and therefore running much much slower. And then a couple of seasons later it would be so big that even giant amounts of RAM would struggle with it. Have they fixed this problem in any way with the newer games?

Thanks

1) Do i need an internet connection to install the game, ie do i have to activate it? One of my machines does not have an internet connection

No. You can play it by leaving the disc in at all times.

2) do i have to install steam to run and play the game when i buy a store bought copy? Reason is i hate steam and it seems to screw up all my games

No, You can run it straight off the disc, but the disc has to be in at all times.

3) Does the game have dynamic league reputation? Ive looked hard for it but im not sure its in this game

Yes.

Not too sure no 4 and 5 though.

4) The A-League is alot better now and the researching is getting better as the competition goes on.

5) it gets bigger but its not too bad, im on a large DB in 2025 and its only 38MB

Do the A-league teams still get scrambled in a couple of seasons in? at the start its all good, but i found that the AI had no idea what to do with the salary cap and ended up shooting themselves in the foot. Thats what i mean by messed up lol.

38mb?!!! thats crazy awesome, how many leagues you running?

Im thinking about getting FM11, but i have been away from the game since FM07 and have a few questions that searching have not found me proper answers for:

4) Is the Australian A-League still a mess?

5) Does save game size increase to rediculous levels after a couple of seasons with a few leagues loaded? In FM07, if i ran say 10 countries, my savegame size would start at 70mb and by season 3 would be 350mb+, and therefore running much much slower. And then a couple of seasons later it would be so big that even giant amounts of RAM would struggle with it. Have they fixed this problem in any way with the newer games?

Thanks

1 - no

2 - no

3 - you cant have looked that hard its one of their biggest selling points from this years version

4 - The A league has its issues but its much better than previous versions

5 - after 10 seasons with all major European countries added my game doesn't run slow at all if that helps, i don't have a great spec laptop either.

Compressing doesnt do anything, only makes the savegame smaller on your hard disk. once the game opens the save file, it uncompresses it, and then fills your RAM with the real size. I have a big hard disk, not worried about that, but the more it fills your RAM the slower it runs....etc

Compressing doesnt do anything, only makes the savegame smaller on your hard disk. once the game opens the save file, it uncompresses it, and then fills your RAM with the real size. I have a big hard disk, not worried about that, but the more it fills your RAM the slower it runs....etc

umm, the reason i asked was that you are asking people for the size in MB of the file, i was asking if the size that tom_15390 was compressed or not so you could get a better answer

umm, the reason i asked was that you are asking people for the size in MB of the file, i was asking if the size that tom_15390 was compressed or not so you could get a better answer

Ah sorry i didnt understand :p yeah that would be good to know. though it seems about right to me.

Archived