Yellow cards for diving

For a game that touts realism it sure does fail year after year on the whole yellow cards for diving aspect.

Look, as much as the next guy I would love to see more yellows handed out for diving. However, it doesn't happen. I watch a good deal of football and I rarely ever see a card for diving. At the lower levels, I pretty much never see it.

My last FM game had 3 yellow cards for diving, one of which sent a player off. It has been like this for the last few iterations of the game. It is not realistic. I am tired of it. Fix it.

Side note: Can anyone find the statistics for number of cards given in real life for diving this season?

I once had a player booked twice for diving. (And sent off, obviously.)

I have seen players booked for time wasting but only goalkeepers. It's much, much, much rarer that IRL.

We also don't see bookings for kicking the ball away or encroaching on a freekick.

This is a very negative post. I can't say it bothers me too much.

I had a thread about this the other day, had Rooney sent off for two yellows in 5 minutes, both for diving in the champions league final, it's little things like this that spoil what I think is otherwise a great game...

Would love to see more cards handed out for diving irl but if cards aren't given for things such as gattuso's behavior last night then suddenly nani/nasri/drogba/Ronaldo falling over too much doesn't seem so bad!

I see a fair number of yellows for diving IRL. I don't know what the stats are or what they are in game, and I think it's something that it is quite hard for SI to process because they only count yellows, not the causes of the yellows, AFAIK. You'd need to go through manually and count, and compare that with a manual count IRL.

Archived