Have you been sacked after a takeover?

pret

A consortium is trying to takeover my club, I've managed them to 3 promotions in 7 years, got europa league football in two seasons. A young, english, successful manager, and apparently they're going to replace me.

I've never been in this situation before, so do the new board often replace you even if you've been successful???

Once, I think it was FM10, though can't be sure. From memory it was something along the lines of, managing Cheltenham and were playing in the Championship. The takeover was from a European consortium. the mail came down that they were thinking of replacing me, they had some Swedish manager in mind. Having played FM for a couple of series, I wasn't overly concerned, and just expected to get the, Board has decided to stick with you blah blah email.

Well, yeah, that didn't happen, next thing the message pops up I was sacked. Absolutely gutted and then furious :D , I think we were mid table, and doing quite well, and from memory it was my fifth or sixth season with them, so I had put some time in.

But hey that's football :D

there was a take over in my milan game after about 6 seasons, they said they were going to replace me with Gattuso who funnily enough was one of my first team coaches, the best part was after one of the games there was a media thing saying Gattuso was spotted at the game scouting ahead of getting my job and apparently the new owners were impressed with his commitment!!!! Of course he's going to bloody be there he already works for the bloody club!!!! They didnt sack me in the end but i quit at the end of the season in a huff and Rino walked right into the job, dirty bugger was obviously bad mouthing me to the board!! hahah

there was a take over in my milan game after about 6 seasons, they said they were going to replace me with Gattuso who funnily enough was one of my first team coaches, the best part was after one of the games there was a media thing saying Gattuso was spotted at the game scouting ahead of getting my job and apparently the new owners were impressed with his commitment!!!! Of course he's going to bloody be there he already works for the bloody club!!!! They didnt sack me in the end but i quit at the end of the season in a huff and Rino walked right into the job, dirty bugger was obviously bad mouthing me to the board!! hahah

Well at least he didn't push you in the face and then headbutt you....

Does this mean that if we just watch a game (or more) of the team where the manager is under preassure we have a better chance of getting the job? Interesting...

Does this mean that if we just watch a game (or more) of the team where the manager is under preassure we have a better chance of getting the job? Interesting...

i dont see why it wouldnt work with a human manager when it works with the AI, i have actually never thought of that before! you would have to declare your interest and then attend a game after that to see if it works. might give that a try just as an experiment.

i dont see why it wouldnt work with a human manager when it works with the AI, i have actually never thought of that before! you would have to declare your interest and then attend a game after that to see if it works. might give that a try just as an experiment.

Yeah, I meant when you are named as a potential replacement by the media.

A consortium is trying to takeover my club, I've managed them to 3 promotions in 7 years, got europa league football in two seasons. A young, english, successful manager, and apparently they're going to replace me.

I've never been in this situation before, so do the new board often replace you even if you've been successful???

Hi pret,

playing as Liverpool in FM10, we were always the subject of takeovers and I had experience of 3 different types of takeover. Directors takeover, a consortium takeover and a tycoon takeover. The consortium takeover was the only one I can remember where my job was under threat, I would get a news item saying they were considering some other manager e.g. Javier Aguirre. This always happened in my first season, around 3-4 months in (November). Of the 3 consortium takeovers I experienced, each time I was threatened with being replaced. From the time of that news item (and before) my team was playing well, getting good results and the players were happy. Each time I kept my job as came through by email some 2-3 weeks later.

So, don't worry, the worst that can happen is that yoiu need to start a new game when 11.3 comes out! Keep the faith.

Hope it works out for you...

I've experienced a couple of takeovers and never been replaced. Always get the message about the new chairman looking to bring in his own manager, but it is yet to actually lead anywhere. I would guess that unless you're in danger of being sacked regardless of the takeover, it's probably unlikely you'd actually be replaced straight away.

You'll never get replaced after a takeover, because that just wouldn't be fair if you've started a game and made progress into it. It's simply there as a "scare" since FM10.

If you're not acheiving your targets however, then you may well get sacked for that, regardless.

Yes; I've been sacked after a takeover; & extremely miffed I was!

I was Fulham manager in first year. Takeover took place & was completed around December. By that time I had Fulham around 4/5 in the Premiership, doing well. I just got the push because the board were bringing in their own man; bar-stewards!

Took me ages to get another job as well!

I've experienced a couple of takeovers and never been replaced. Always get the message about the new chairman looking to bring in his own manager, but it is yet to actually lead anywhere. I would guess that unless you're in danger of being sacked regardless of the takeover, it's probably unlikely you'd actually be replaced straight away.

This is really what i wanted to know, if they always send you that message, or if it's just when you are going to be sacked, on pitch results should keep me employed though

Thanks!

it depends on the board confidence level when the take over happens or if you are a icon or legend at the club. If you are untouchable then the new board will feel like they have to keep you on even though they really want to replace you. So i have been sacked with the new board and other times i have stayed on because of how well i was doing. if you have been increasing the rep of the club like it sounds like you have then i would bet against you getting the sack.

I was told I would be replaced by Didier Drogba but thankfully the takeover was never completed.

Just thought I would add, I have since resigned from Rangers (tought decision) and Drogba was made manager, but there was no takeover! Dont know if that was just coincidence or what.

Archived